How Much Do You Spend on a Birthday Gift?

I was wondering how much people typically spend on a birthday party gift.

It depends on how close I am to the family and what my budget will allow. If it a close family friends child I would go up to 50.00. If it is not someone I know very well I wouldn't go above 20.00. Just remember not to outshine the parents.

With family members, (since my sister is the only other person in my family with children) we agreed to cap it at about $30. If it is a really good friend of theirs, and I know of something specific that they wanted, I would generally spend up to $35. But with casual friends from school or daycare, I would stick with a moderate range of $15-$20. You can also find cute gifts for less. The most important thing to keep in mind is fiinding something that they would like, not breaking your bank account. Kids don't care how much money is spent, and usually sane parents don't either. From the birthday child's parent standpoint, I would prefer to see my child recieve something from the Dollar Store that they will get use of and enjoy rather than something overpriced and fancy that they will look at once and never touch again.

depending on the age. Younger kids I go with $15.00 Teenagers usually $20 - $25.00 depending on if you know their interest. Older teens that drive like gift cards for gas. Adults again would depend on how well you know them and what their interest are but not more than $30. If it is for twins or triplets you need to remember that each child is their own person and not combined the gift, give them each their own, even if it means you need to lower how much you give.

I am on a ver fixed income and I have 2 kids in school and they are always sending invites to b-day's so since the children that are between the ages Kindergarden and first grade. What I do is go and pick out a coloring book and a box of crayons. usually under 5 dollars. but I would say 10 to 15 dollars cause it can get exspensive.

I would keep the amount spent low. We all know our kids have too much stuff anyway. $25 tops... I would even think about making something if you are at all crafty, but the $ amount isn't nearly as important as the quality and messlessness (is that a word) of it. I hope this is helpful. Anyhow, for kids I would seriously suggest a really low amount and remember to make it a present for mom to by keeping it simple and mess free.

I spend $1 for every year of age most of the time but sometimes I end up doubling that just to get something off of their wish list.

I normally spend about $10.00. Unless the child is someone that you are really close to.

Tammy,

We spend anywhere from $15-20 dollars on friends and business associates kids. With neices and nephews I have spent anything from $20-60. It depends on the child. On our own daughter I spend about $100 on her birthday gifts. Just as long as the gift is a quality item that will last and hold up well I will consider it. For my daughters book exchange at the daycare Christmas party I bought a $10 Robert Suboda pop up book. The little boy who got it was thrilled.

1 / 3