How Much Do You Spend a Month on Cable for TV?

We spend $15/ month on basic cable for our TV. My husband insists that 'everyone' pays MEGA bucks for cable a month, and was wondering how much YOU spend?

It was around $60 a month when we finally cut it off. Now, we don't have cable (so we don't pay anything, lol) and we can find just about everything we want via Hulu/Fancast, Netflix, and tnt.tv (since we do have DSL internet)

The cable prices are just insane, and there is only one company here so no competition. Just wasn't worth it. I am thinking, though, of getting an antenna so I can watch local news.

IF we had cable, the going rate here is about $65.00-$75.00 for basic.

We don't have cable now (also, it does us real good to not sit in front of tube all day. LOL) We just use Netflix sometimes... it is really nice to have kids that don't feel like they NEED TV:) and I DON'T MISS IT AT ALL! And it makes it all that much easier when I have a husband that DOESN'T need TV for MINDLESS sports or other stuff.

Don't take this the wrong way, but are you acquiring it illegally or something? How'd ya get that awesome price!? LOL!

BTW, we had a "bundle deal" last summer. We were paying $250.00 for premium cable and internet. Total B%$#@!&T!

We pay around $100.00 which is for high speed internet and a "preferred" TV package. Which means we get a lot of channels (I think 250 or so). Granted there are a lot we don't watch but to get the ones we wanted we had to go with the preferred package. It works for us. Basic cable around here is $21.00. Select is $58.00. Preferred is $65.00.

I am with Hillary on this!

W pay $0. We have high speed internet and netflix for $9.
I have never had cable in my whole life. My parents and myself are not hippies either. I have not lost out on anything by not having cable. In fact, I believe that I have gained perspective and was/am allowed to spend my time doing things that I find worthwhile and productive, in my opinion of course.
good luck
-P

$0! My husband and I personally think that cable is a waste of money, especially with Netflix instant streaming as it's competition. We pay for high speed internet, and we pay $9 to Netflix monthly to have 1 DVD out at a time, and unlimited instant streaming. It streams directly to our television, and there are no commercials to deal with. There are so many television shows and movies on there, I can say confidently that we will never go back to cable television. There are current seasons of many shows (for example Sesame Street and SNL) so I don't see any advantages to cable.

$0 per month - no TV watching in our house. We do pay for high speed internet though!

$15.75 for basic. Used to be $11.75 and they raised it last month. I dropped it down from expanded basic because it had gone from $27.99 to $57.99 in three years. Almost double the price and they had cut some channels! I'm tempted to drop the basic, but I love the 24/7 kids channel that comes with it, so I'm sticking with it for now.

We just got cable after having cancelled it for almost a year. They wanted $90 per month for cable and hubby refused to pay that and cancelled. He got it back when he was able to negotiate $60 per month. I still think $60 a month is high but hubby has to have his baseball games!

$15 is CHEAP!

We don't spend a dime. ;) We don't have cable. We have a computer hooked up to our tv for netflix streaming, etc. There was never anything worthwhile on tv with cable, so why pay for it? We haven't missed it for a moment. We watch so very little tv as it is.

honestly I pay almost 300 a month for cable- it is TV, Internet, phone. It is way way to much and I hate it but my hubby insists upon keeping it.

1 / 3