How Much Do You Pay/charge for In-home Child Care?

I babysit 3 days a week all day, for one family with 2 children. I have been with this same family for 4 years. I want to make sure that my rate is reasonable. I provide meals, snacks, outings, crafts, and a lot of fun. I have three of my own. I'm looking for what you pay, or if you're in my shoes, charge per hour for this type of care.
Thanks

B.,
As a sitter, you should be able to get this information for no charge from www.Sittercity.com. You might check it out, as it can give you more information than I can. In my neighborhood, River Forest, the rate is $12.00/hr., with the other aspects and perks of the job varying. If you are sitting for two kids, 3 full days per week, after 4 years, I would hope you are paid at least $12/hour with them giving you a W-2 at the end of the year. We would pay more than that.
Amy

I usually charge $7 - 8 per hour to take care of another child in my home or agree $50 a day which is the going rate in my neighborhood (Hyde Park/ Kenwood). Regular babysitters charge $10-12 to watch your child in your home.

R.

$70 DAY, NEAR OAKPARK AREA

I am an at home daycare provider and ex teacher. I teach the 2 and older preschool but actully charge more for younger ones becasue of the demand. I am in Lombard and a licensed provider. I charge $45 a day for over one if it is full time week or $50 a day. Babies 6 months -1 are $55 a day and babies 0-6 months are $60 a day.

I pay our neighbor girls who are in HS now $6 a hour for one child.

1 / 3