How Much Do You Give to Your Weekly Church Offering?

I have just started going to a new church (last week was my first time). I think I am going to be going to this church on a regular basis, but I have no idea how much to give to the weekly offering. I know the Bible says 10% of your income, but realistically, how much do you give? $5-$10-$20 or more?

My husband and I give one hour of his wages (I currently am at home with the kids). This is what works for us, but I will tell you that if we are strapped...like the month both of our cars needed to be fixed at the same time...we have cut back. I think you should give what you are comfortable with.

5, 10 or 20
depending on what is in my wallet
most often is it 20, but they have a bible class the kids attend separately and that means a lot to me

Yes, the Bible says to tithe meaning 10% of all your increase. I give according to my paycheck. I really don't give weekly offerings because I am in a struggle financially. Mine is usually bi-weekly for tithing. Are you sure that you want to join this church because the bible also says why spend your money for that which is not bread. If you are sure, then go ahead and start tithing, if you are working. Your offering is whatever you want and can afford to give from your heart. It is also written in the bible that God loves a cheerful giver. Hope this helps you. Take care

You can always ask an elder or deacon or the pastor. Our church currently is doing a capital campaign to be able to redo the parking lot and parsonage. We have a goal (plus our regular church expenses and outreach) that we would like to reach. Our church broke down how much each person could give on average to reach our goal by a certian timeline. It is not required to give accoording to the goal but lets me have a ball park then we can go thru our finances and decide what works for us. Hope that helps. For us it does work out to be a bit lower than 10%. You can change your mind again next week as you decide what works for you.

1 / 3