How Much Did Your New Roof Cost??

We are needing a new roof and I am curious to know what others have paid for a composition shingle roof. We currently have a shake shingle roof now and want to switch. Our home is your typical 2 story stucco home with high peeks and is around 3,000 square feet. I know every roof is different but just wanted to get a ball park figure. Thanks!! :)

You don't want to have me answer what we pay... Hawaii is a lovely place to life but the prices suck!

Our roof on our 3K sq ft house was $4500 - we have the typical tar (I think) composition shingle. We only have ONE pitch - no copses or anything like that - an M1A1 roof.

Good luck!! Get a variety of quotes - go to Angieslist.com and check out WHO you want - see what people have to say!!!

ours priced out at about 7k. However we only paid $500 for our homeowners deductable after we had a big storm in Spring of 2008 that removed 1 (yes ONLY 1) shingle. When the ins adjuster came out, it was covered. If you have and missing shingle due to a storm or hail damage, ins will cover the cost to reroof your house (with a comprable roof) but you can work with the roofing company to upgrade the roof for a small cost after the ins pays.

Mine was about $7,000 when I had it done five years ago. We have a 2,400 sq foot colonial

We just had estimates done for 36 squares (low slope roofs on our house, attached garage and detached garage) and were quoted anywhere from $8,500 to $14,000. When we looked at their estimates we noted that the mark up on the cost of shingles was over 100%. It was far more cost effective for us to purchase the materials ourselves rather than go through a roofer or contractor. The labor costs were quoted in the neighborhood of $2,500 to $4,500.

Hey Kelly, I see you are in the OP area too.

We actually replaced ours in 2006. We went near the top of the line in the composition and it was a little over $20,000. That also included all new flashing and replacing all 4 skylights.
We've used the same roofing company for many years now and trust them. Message me if you want their info. But we used them in Olathe at our old house. Then when we bought this house 10 years ago, it had shake shingle and we had to patch and repair some part of the roof every year until we were able to change or neighborhood restrictions and put composition on. I didn't even get any other bids, because we trusted them. They did give us several price ranges to choose from.

We live in a higher cost area of the country but have had about 4 estimates for our roof. Our house is only 1300 sf and a single story ranch with a few sky lights - estimates range from 9800-14000. We haven't done it yet.

We have a cape cod with high peeks too and I'm not sure about the square footage. Ours was almost 9,000.

We also got our roof done on our insurance from the storm that we had go through back in September or October.

1 / 3