How Many Diapers and Wipes Do You Use Daily?

So my SIL is due with baby #2 and we want to surprise them with a months supply of diapers and wipes for both kids. So my question is how many do you use a day? She will be breastfeeding the newborn, so i know she will be using a little more because of BM more often. My boys are 2 and 4 and i just cant remember especially with the wipes about how many i used. By the way they are both girls and the older one is almost a year old. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for all of your answers!

Thanks for all your help! I went today and bought 576 diapers for the newborn, some newborn and the majority of them size 1/2. I bought 280 diapers for the 1 yr old and a total of 1408 wipes. So I think I have them covered for a while. :)

When my kids were babies, I was using about 11 diapers a day. When my kids were older, I was using about 8 diapers a day. As for wipes, I buy the Huggies refill that says x3 on it (3 refills). That lasts me a couple of weeks with two kids! And we use the wipes for hands, diapering, sticky spills...

for both my girls i use about 10 to 15 diapers a day and i would say i go through one of the huggies reuseable containers a week. i buy a case of wipe from target there brand for i think 12 dollars and they last a month.diapers about 2 or 3 cases a month.hope this help

The baby will need at least 12 diapers a day. The older one will probably use about 7 a day. Just buy a few of the bib refills for wipes. I know we use a million wipes. We use them for spills, spit up, diaper changes, sticky fingers and faces. I love them :)

I would suggest staying away from Pampers, as they are knows to cause life altering chemical burns in children.

You might consider buying NB size diapers as well as size 1 diapers, especially if she's known to have small babies.

honestly, that is probably the best gift!!! i wish more people would have given me diapers instead of having 5 baby-care kits! (anyone need some booger-sucker things, thermometers...? lol)

my dd is almost 2 months old, and i am exclusively breastfeeding... i went through 1 jumbo boxes(i think 96) of diapers plus a couple of smaller packages.(can't remember the count).. i cant remember how many wipes though.... (im a little psychotic about diaper changing... she has super-sensitive skin, so if she is in a wet diaper for even 15 minutes she will get a rash)

~also, i was given the jumbo box as a gift... they were pamper's swadders and i LOVED them! didn't have any leaking issues, and the ones we were given had a yellow stripe that turned blue when wet... not that it's hard to tell, but it was nice to be able to tell at a glance instead of having to check. :)

Plan on about 8 diapers a day and you should hit it just about right. Whenever I have done the math based on how many packs of diapers I buy a month for my four month old, it comes out to about 8. I think about 2 things of wipes per week will work. Congrats on your new niece/nephew!

Those big boxes from Sam's last me about a month or a little more...

Um I exclusively breastfed and when we first came home my co-workers did this. It was the best gift ever. They got me 1 box of 240 (size 1-5-15 pounds )diapers and 2 boxes of 256 count (size 2-12-18 pounds diapers)That lasted the whole two months. Plus one of those wipes boxes and the big 8 pack of refills. Hope this helps and what a thoughtful gift:)

diaper service they will just keep up with the demand.

If you have a Costco card, get the box of the generic fragrance free wipes. They are great and sensitive for the tender bottoms. That should last at least a month if not longer. Plus they are cheaper and just as good as the name brands. As for diapers, I never was any good at keeping track of how many we used a day. Probable 8-10 is a good rule of thumb. Remember though that the baby may grow out of the newborn diapers quicker than a month. Some don't even fit in the newborn diapers to begin with. Maybe buy the next level up. Your SIL may not be able to use them at first, but you will still be able to supply her with a month at some point. Congrats!

1 / 3