How Many Diaper Covers Do I Need?

I am trying to figure out how many and of which kind of diaper covers I need to order for cloth diapers???!!!I will be using ABC Diaper Service, but they only offer 1 type of cover, unlike Tiny Tots who has multiple types. What should I do and how many should I order? Is there another website to order good diaper covers from?

ABC has a couple of types of covers, lite-wraps are fine though. I reccomend 4 covers so that you have time to washe them. Pee diapers don't usually need a wrap change the first or second time unless they get really wet, but poop diapers often leak into the cover a little and you'll want to change those. Yay cloth diapers!

I would start with 10 covers atleast and only ones with snaps, the velcro scratched my baby and would get full of lint and hair. I used fuzzy bunz

We have used cloth diapers that we wash at home since my 14 month old was born. When I was pregnant, I did a lot of reading about diapers. It was my little obsession that I used to contain the anxiety. Anyway, in the end, we tried several different kinds of covers. Thirsties BY FAR are the best. They almost NEVER leak and always contain poo. Anyway, if that is what you are buying, you can probably get away with just 2-3, as it is easy to wipe them off if dirty and they dry super fast. You can order them from Nicki's, as one of the other people suggested. Happy cloth diapering!

You need about six-eight diaper covers for a newborn, do an internet search and see if you can find a company that will send you a package of a few different covers so you can find one you like. They are not all the same. Try the diaperpin website for reviews

We use Tiny Tots. You definitely need the Snappi clip which works great for the cloth diapers. I would have about 5 covers to get started with. We started with Pro Wrap. Depending on the size of your baby, you won't use the newborn covers that long. For bigger babies I like the bummies and fuzzie bumkins (I have one that I use as diaper cover). If you live near Campbell, it may be worth a trip to Tiny Tots to see their selection. The staff are very knowledgeable. You can buy new diaper covers on eBay either from individuals or from ebay stores.

We use Tiny Tots Pro Wraps. You can buy any covers from any site to use. We just had our third child (Ava is almost 3.5, Peyton 22 months & Rylan three weeks on Friday)...two girls, one boy and really like them. I would say we have about 5 of the second size, but maybe three of the new born size (they grow out of these quickly). As they begin to eat food you will want more wraps...they can often easily get poop on them. We ordered them as we went along with Ava. Tiny Tots shop is having a big sale starting 3/31 & is open to anyone.
Spring Fling Cha-Ching

March 31 thru April 5, 2008

Recieve the following discounts on your total purchase
(everything in the boutique qualifies):

10% off purchase of $100 to $199
20% off purchase of $200 to $299
30% off purchase of $300 or more

Order online, in-store, or call our friendly personnel.

New spring clothing & shoe arrivals include collections from See Kai
Run, Pedipeds (including new flex shoes), Room Seven, Under the Nile, Scout, Papolina, Petit Lem (including their super soft bamboo
collection), Rabbit Moon, Tea, Zutano, Mulberibush, Hartstrings, Sweet Potatoes and Wes & Willy. Additional new arrivals include Bob
Revolution Jogging Strollers (both single and dualie), Kliipis,
extended nursing bra sizes by Medela and Bravado, best selling Body
Silk bra by Bravado, Free Style Breastpump by Medela, feeding supplies by Boon, lux blankets by Little Giraffe and more.

Boutique Hours: 9am to 6pm (special extended hours)
Phone Hours: 9am to 3pm (Monday thru Friday)
Online: 24 hours a day

138 Railway Avenue in Downtown Campbell
###-###-####
www.tinytots.com

Let me know if I can help in any way! M. (working full time mom, but off until 5/5)

Hello,

My Daughter is 20 mos. and has been in cloth diapers since birth. However, I use disposeables at night and while traveling. I use Tiny Tots service and love, love, them. They are really laid back and really easy about temporary holds for vacations, etc. I currently use 4 of the the LITE WRAPS.I felt the fit her best. The Pro wraps didn't fit as well, too slim or something. Anyway, I also use fuzzi bunz (3) for longer period wearing. You have to wash these after each use - maybe two uses?. They are really easy to wash the poo just doesn't really stick to them. You can also buy flushable liners to place on top of the fuzzi bunz - which mostly keeps the poo from sticking to the diaper. I now there are TONS of websites for cloth diapers... mother-ease.com, so many. Although, a lot of those websites cater to moms who wash their own diapers. I know a lot of the moms love the fuzzi bunz. You won't beleive how dry you child stays. Which is nice for errands, etc. They swear by them at night. However, my daughter leaks through everytime - so I just use disposeable.

You may want to go tiny tots for some advise as well.

Cheers!

hi~ i am using ABC diapers as well. i just order 3 covers from them as they recommended and it seems to work out. i found that when my son was still really little and pooping a lot, i had to wash out the soiled diaper cover right away so i didn't run out of covers. i recently did some research for organic clothing and found some cool diaper covers on-line. i wish i'd ordered some that were PVC free or something other than what ABC diaper offered.

It's been awhile for me (youngest is about to be 7), but I tried to keep at least 6 to 8 diaper covers around. The reality is that you'll be doing an unimaginable amount of laundry anyway so that number was usually enough to last the 1 - 2 days before I had to run another load of laundry! Also, the diaper covers are made to dry quickly, so if there wasn't a load of laundry going, you just rinse them off in the tub or sink (or toilet if necessary) and then hang them up over the shower curtain rod and they're dry in a couple of hours.

As for the diaper covers, I liked the ProRaps, though since I got the white ones, they would eventually end up with urine stains (I wasn't into using bleach on any of the kids clothes). The Bummis are OK, but they didn't fit my son well around the legs.

I can't remember where I used to order my covers, but these sites look good:
http://www.diapersafari.com/
http://www.cottonbabies.com/

A.

1 / 3