How Long Should Your 1St Period After Having a Baby Last?

I recently had a baby girl just over 10 weeks ago. I already went through the regualr post partum bleeding. Had a few weeks off and then got my 1st period. It has latsed for almost 4 weeks now!!! Is this normal? Has anyone else had this same problem? Or is it something I should talk to my doctor about?

4 weeks is far too long,

you need to call the doctor,

more than likely, its material from the birth, however you can't be certain you won't get poisoned or infected.

so call them ASAP

M

The same thing happened to me and the doctor said not to worry at all, it's normal for the first period.

I am not a doctor or anything but you might not have had your first period yet, it might be just the post pardom bledding. I bleed for about a month plus with both my kids. If it is getting heavier you should see a doctor asap.

I would have contacted my doctor after week two. But then I didn't have my period until my son was 7 months old. It lasted just about a week and seemed like a normal period only a little heavier. I don't think it's normal to last that long.

Hi C., I think 4 weeks is a long time for any period. I hope you are taking an iron supplement and call your Doctor.
Best wishes, Grandma Mary

Definitely call your doctor. My sister-in-law had the same thing and she had a retained placenta and needed a D&C.

I think it's best to get checked out by your doctor....

4 weeks is far too long,

you need to call the doctor,

so call them ASAP

M

That sounds like a lot of bleeding. I haven't heard of this before, not that I have any form of medical training whatsoever. But you should definitely talk to your doctor about it. Why take a chance?

1 / 3