How Long Should I Wait After Paraguard Iud Removal Before I Try to Conceive?

I just had my paraguard cooper iud pulled out on 3/12 i will be ovulating this weekend. Does anyone have any advice or experiance on hoe long I should wait till I try to conceive. Is it better to wait or will it be ok to try to conceive as soon as possible?

Thank you to you all for such great advice. My husband and I spoke with our physician who did recommend to wait at least one cycle before trying to conceive. She stated that the uterus is inflammed at the time of iud removal and chances of miscarriage are more likely if I were to conceive before that first cycle. So we are going to try next month. I suppose I could wait. Thanks again to everyone who replied. This is an awesome site.

i concieved the same month that i had mine removed and had no problems. I dont think there is an issue since it is horomone free.

I have heard it takes three months after you have the I.U.D removed for your homones to return back to normal. You can try if your ovulating this weekend, I don't see the harm in trying :) Good Luck I hope it all works out for the best!

You can start trying right away.

You're good to go! Have fun baby making!!

Hello T.,

I work in health care and I aggree with what all the ladies are saying. There is no reason why you need to wait after having the IUD removed. Since it has no hormones it won't interfere with your cycle and you will be able to get pregnant.

Have fun and good luck

I would suggest 90 days as your tissues need to rejuvinate. I did however have less cramping during my periods after it was removed.

Since the paraguard IUD has no hormones in it and protects you from pregnancy because of the way the copper reacts with your uterus, you should be able to get pregnant right away (barring any other fertility issues that might occur anyway).
Don't wait, start the baby making!

I've been told w/ my IUD that it is safe to start trying to conceive immediately after having it removed should I want to do so. That's one of the "perks" of this type of birth control.

Go for it! :0)

My dr said to wait a couple months before trying to concieve. I only waited until after my first period though and everything is fine with my pregnancy.

1 / 3