How Long Should I Bake a Homemade Frozen Lasagna?

Good Morning Ladies!
So I made a tray (9x13) of lasagna last Saturday to bake it on Sunday, but then plans changed, and it stayed in the fridge till Monday afternoon, and then I put it in the freezer. Now I'm ready to bake it this Sunday.
1) Do you think it went bad for any reason?
2) Does it need to be thawed out before cooking?
3) How long should I bake it for thawed or unthawed?

Thank you Everyone for your input. I don't have a thermometer (tells you how much cooking I do :(...) It thawed out from sat afternoon till Sunday evening and we cooked it for an hr and 15mins. It seemed fine :) Thanks again!! :)

Chances are it didn't go bad. I always thaw my lasagna before I bake it. Then I bake it at 350 until I can put a knife through the center. (Usually an hour and a half.) Then I take the cover off and bake it till the cheese on top is brown and bubbly.

If you thaw, thaw in fridge and give it at least a full 24 hours to thaw. Thawed, cook for 45 min to an hour.

But you can also cook straight from frozen. Give yourself two hours just in case. It will take at least an hour and a half.

In both cases, cook covered with foil until it's hot thru and bubbling, then take the foil off for the last 10 min or so to brown the cheese.

I don't think you need to thaw it.. Just put it in the oven with reynolds wrap over the top for about 50 mins.. then after that, take wrap off and allow to brown for about 10 mins... that's what i do..

good luck

I agree with Michelle M.

After an hour in the over, stick a thermometer in to see how it's doing. That will give you and idea of how much longer you need to go.

It will need to reach about 160/165 degrees. The you should let it sit for a 1/2 hour.

Enjoy!!

I'm sure it's fine
Thaw it out
Bake covered until bubbly. Stick a knife into the center and see if the blade comes out hot. Usually takes around 45 minutes. Let it stand for at least 5 mintues before you try to cut it.

1 / 3