How Long Does Your Dishwasher Take?

How long does your dishwasher take to go through a cycle?
My "normal" wash is 2:08. That seems long.....is it?
I have a "Quick Wash" option that take 1:18 and I'm going to try it and see if that's enough to get the dishes clean.
Does yours take 2 hours for a wash?

Just unloaded after the "quick wash" and everything looks good. There weren't pots or pans...dinner dishes, glasses, silverware. I'll probably use this as my "new normal" unless I have icky pots, pans, etc. I guess two hours is pretty normal for the normal wash!

So, I guess it's true that the newer ones do take longer then. Ours is less than 2 years old. The old one took less time but it was LOUD. Guess I'll take the quiet 2 hours.

Mine takes a good 2 hrs and it seems like Quick wash is not quick so I jsut run the normal wash all the time.

I have a high end Kitchen Aid and love it.

Mine is long but it's also taking time to heat water to HOT and it's a kitchen aid and I love it because the dishes always come out clean.

Yes. It seems like it's a awful long time! I've neer tried the "Quick Wash" cycle. Let us know how that works please.

Mine takes about 45 minutes I think. 2 hours seems like a really long time!

I have a two hour forty setting which is pots and pans, a two hour normal, a 40 minute quick, and a five minute rinse so I can fit more in tomorrow.

Mine takes about an hour on 'normal' setting. It takes a bit longer on the 'heavy' wash. I've never used the 'light' setting but if I recall correctly it is around 45 minutes. I also don't use the heat settings (my water gets hot enough on its own) nor do I use the heated dry. I'm miserly with my appliance energy use.

Depending on how many I have to wash, my dishwasher (ie "Me"), takes about half an hour to wash, rinse, and set the dishes to dry.

Yes two hours sounds like a LONG time!

Around the same amount of time... just over 2 hours for a "regular" wash and just over an hour for a "light" wash. I've not used the "heavy duty" on this one b/c the regular wash has done well, but it takes a LONG time... my old one was faster. Then again, it died after 4 years!

Yes, my instructions that came in mine said it was a common complaint on this particular dishwasher....ours takes over 2 hours too

Mine takes two hours. It is only 3 years old. I questioned it being an "energy
saver appliance." and was told that is uses less energy going at a slower
pace (or something like that). Cannot remember!

ours takes2 1/2 hours. We use the Heavy cycle because my bf thinks it gets the dishes cleaner. It is kind of a pain. No one can shower, can't do laundry etc until it is done. Also ours is a portable one so you have to disconnect it when it is finished so no running it and going to bed.

Our old one took about an hour, but the new, more energy-efficient one, takes a good 1 1/2 hours+. Go figure.

my quick was is 50 mins my normal is 90

Glad I'm not the only one with a dishwasher that takes what it seems like forever to wash dishes. I started my dishwasher ____@____.com and it was finished by about noon so I guess right around 2 hours. I've never owned a dishwasher that took quite so long to wash the dishes. It is a perk though of not having to hand wash all of them. I still hand wash all pots and pans as well as special dishes such as casserole dishes and funky cake pans.

Mine varies from 85-110 minutes depending on the load. The machine allegedly checks each load to determine the correct time, but it seems pretty random to me. And, yes 2 hours seems like a long time, but seems to be rather normal.

Depends on how fast he wants to get back to his phone or his video game. :) Our electric one quit working months ago and our landlords sent someone to look at it once and they never came back to fix it. So our 13 year old does most of the dishes.

Yep, two hours. I've always wondered why does a dishwasher take longer to wash than a clothes washer???? I know clothes and dishes are two different things, but seriously, in this day and age, couldn't these two machines do their job in a fraction of their time saving time and energy?

We just bought this house 3 months ago, so Im just getting used to this dishwasher. I left behind a nice Kitchen Aid that was quiet, and had options of wash time, and I always used the regular wash cycle and it was done in less than an hour. I never had trouble with stuck on food. So with this one I loaded it the first time and pushed "normal wash" and the timer came on with 105 minutes! I thought "NOPE" and stopped it, turned it to light wash and havent changed back since. It takes 44 minutes and is nearly silent when running and everything is clean. Im happy with all that. What I dont like is that it is smaller inside, has a stupid design that makes it hard to load and unload, and stinks like rancid oil everytime I open it. When I asked at the appliance store about it, they automatically knew it was a Bosch. And said thats why its called the "stinky dishwasher".

A looong freaking time!! I have never timed it, but it really takes forever. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes that long. All settings are designed to get your dishes clean. I wouldn't worry about that.

I don't know how my dishwasher decides, but when I set the "regular wash" the "cycle countdown" displays a number and it changes all the time. It is usually between 95-109 minutes, that includes dry time, so sometimes I skip that part and just open it up to air dry.

F.O.R.E.V.E.R. and it's LOUD.

However, it is so much quicker to load that baby up and walk away than it is to hand wash all of it.

We run ours at night right before bed.

Yep, every cycle, 2 hours!

I hate my dishwasher!

Ours was taking hours and I couldn't figure it out. We had a dishwasher repair guy consult with us and he said it was likely that it was on the "hot" setting and it was taking awhile to reach the prime temperature. In conjunction with our lower hot water settings so the kids don't get burned it was taking 2 1/2 - 4 hours and we were wasting so much water. I have been happy with the regular setting since I switched and it is a LOT shorter.

Never timed it...but it takes forever!

Your washer must be old. Ours takes 58 minutes from the time we turn it on to the time it dries.

Most dishwashers I've seen over the last years takes maybe an hour for regular wash, a bit longer for pots and pans. We're about to buy an energy efficent dishwasher soon and if it takes 2 hours to wash I'm taking it back! The one we have now takes an hour at most, but we just bought this house and this came with it and wasn't taken care of so we need a new one.

K. B
mom to 5 including triplets