How Long Does Your Dishwasher Take?

How long does your dishwasher take to go through a cycle?
My "normal" wash is 2:08. That seems long.....is it?
I have a "Quick Wash" option that take 1:18 and I'm going to try it and see if that's enough to get the dishes clean.
Does yours take 2 hours for a wash?

Just unloaded after the "quick wash" and everything looks good. There weren't pots or pans...dinner dishes, glasses, silverware. I'll probably use this as my "new normal" unless I have icky pots, pans, etc. I guess two hours is pretty normal for the normal wash!

So, I guess it's true that the newer ones do take longer then. Ours is less than 2 years old. The old one took less time but it was LOUD. Guess I'll take the quiet 2 hours.

Mine takes a good 2 hrs and it seems like Quick wash is not quick so I jsut run the normal wash all the time.

I have a high end Kitchen Aid and love it.

Mine is long but it's also taking time to heat water to HOT and it's a kitchen aid and I love it because the dishes always come out clean.

Yes. It seems like it's a awful long time! I've neer tried the "Quick Wash" cycle. Let us know how that works please.

Mine takes about 45 minutes I think. 2 hours seems like a really long time!

I have a two hour forty setting which is pots and pans, a two hour normal, a 40 minute quick, and a five minute rinse so I can fit more in tomorrow.

Mine takes about an hour on 'normal' setting. It takes a bit longer on the 'heavy' wash. I've never used the 'light' setting but if I recall correctly it is around 45 minutes. I also don't use the heat settings (my water gets hot enough on its own) nor do I use the heated dry. I'm miserly with my appliance energy use.

Depending on how many I have to wash, my dishwasher (ie "Me"), takes about half an hour to wash, rinse, and set the dishes to dry.

Yes two hours sounds like a LONG time!

Around the same amount of time... just over 2 hours for a "regular" wash and just over an hour for a "light" wash. I've not used the "heavy duty" on this one b/c the regular wash has done well, but it takes a LONG time... my old one was faster. Then again, it died after 4 years!

Yes, my instructions that came in mine said it was a common complaint on this particular dishwasher....ours takes over 2 hours too

1 / 3