How Long Does It Take for Permanent Teeth to Grow In?

Hello Moms,

My son lost both his front teeth (top) back in December. So far I see no signs of them growing in. I've heard that it can sometimes take up to a year for the permanent teeth to grow in. Is that true? His two bottoms came in right away.

Thanks in advance!

My oldest sons front tooth took so long to come in I was sure he didn't have one, until the dentist showed me the outline of it in his gum. It took forever.

It can take a while for permenent teeth the grow in. I wouldn't worry about it. The fist set of teeth ("baby teeth"), will not fall out until the permanent teeth are reay to come in, unless there has been some kind of trauma. The "baby teeth", fall out because the premanent teeth are growing underneath and "pushing" them out.

S.....Yes they can take awhile to take come. My oldest sons took forever to come in. My youngest who will be 7 this Sunday has only lost 1 tooth and it has taken forever to come back in!

Usually a tooth is pushed out by the new tooth and it shouldnt take too long to see the new one.(maybe within the month or two. My 9yr old son lost his two sharp teeth last July '07 and they are now coming in. So, don't be to concerned. Maybe at the next dental check up they can tell you how they look in there.

1 / 3