How Long Do Plastic Bottles Last?

Hi to all the Moms,
Iam thinking about getting some new bottles for my son.I think I'm gonna try the Born Free bottles. When are you supposed to throw out plastic bottles ? I've been replacing the nipples but, I'm just not sure how long the plastic bottles last. I also don't want to use glass. Any advise would help thanks.

C. S.

I heard the nipples on the born free bottles are really hard and that many babies dislike them. As far as the bottles go. I keep mine until they look really old. I'm actually reusing some that I used when I had my daughter. LOL..... I think it's just the nipples that need replacing every couple of months.

Congrats on your new baby boy. I was reading in a Parenting magazine the other day to dispose of the plastic bottles when they start to look cloudy. When they look cloudy, it's because the chemicals from the plastic have broken down. Good Luck!
N.

my son is now almost 10 months old and i have been using the same bottles (9oz.) since he was about 4 months old.
I just replace the nipples when they get old and worn (chewed on)but i don't plan on buying any new plastic bottles unless they break or crack which none of mine ever have.

C.,

You don't have to replace the bottles, however they do eventually breakdown over time especially if you plan on having more children. I prefer the playtex bottles with the drop in liners, easier clean up, easier to warm up and last much longer. My bottles laster nearly 6 years.

SAHM of 3 boys

C.,
Look for my post on this site about Bisphenol-A, a chemical that leaches into plastic baby bottles. I received MANY helpful links from Moms on Mamasource. Born Free are one of the best plastic bottle manufacturers and I think that on this link they mention other nipples that fit them...Good Luck!

http://zrecs.blogspot.com/2007/07/z-report-bisphenol-in-p...

1 / 3