How Long Do Nuby Cups Last?

Does anyone know how long the rubber on the Nuby sippy cups will last (in storage)? I have numerous Nuby cups that our daughter didn't use. We're just now trying for our second child & by the time they are old enough to use the cup (2 years), I wonder if the rubber sippy part will still be good.

I don't see why they wouldn't be fine. My 3 year old still has some of those cups; we don't use them for our 9 month old because my 3 year old punctured the spout poking them with his finger and they leak some, not because the rubber went bad. I would just wash them and check the spout out. If you don't see any noticeable cracks I wouldn't worry about it.

http://www.babybungalow.com/nubapr.html

Here is a link to one place you can find replacements. If you google it you'll find alot more!

You can buy replacement tops (the rubbery part only) on E-bay I just got 12 for about $18 and that included shipping. My daughter chews on them and so after a while they start leak but we didn't want to have to buy all new cups, no reason to waste more plastic if we could just get the new tops.

My children are 3 years apart. I had some Nuby cups and others that were still good. Some of the Nuby ones were from the $1 bin at walmart, so I just got a new ones to replace any bad/overused ones.

Just my opinion. But, I would think that if she never used them, they should be fine.

Rubber won't last , but silicon will. I used all my silicon nipples with my second son 3 years after my first.

The cups should be fine but I would buy new spouts. Rubber tends to degrate over time.

1 / 3

Explore Mamapedia

sippy sippy cups