How Long After Giving Birth Does the Period Come Back Again?

Just wondering, but how long after giving birth does the menstrual cycle start up again? My daughter is now 4 months old and I am breastfeeding. Not that I miss it, but just wanted to know all though i'd imagine its different for everyone???

Yep, different for eveyrone. I breastfed both of mine past 2 years. W/my first it got it back around 15mos with my second around 9mos.

Congrats!

My daughter is 8 1/2 months and I still haven't had mine. My dr's haven't seemed concerned.
Best,
S. G.

Took mine until baby was 8 mos old, 3 months after we stopped breastfeeding.

Everyone's different. Enjoy it while it's gone. :-)

Congrats!

When I was breastfeeding my son a couple years ago, it was exactly 6 months until I didn't get my menstruation. I've read that 6 months is the norm. I'm pretty sure your cycle will come up again in a couple months. :)

Hi L.. It's different for every nursing mom, but i didn't have a period until i stopped nursing. It was the same for all three kids, and i nursed each of them for 22 months. However, i did get pregnant right away after i stopped nursing my first son- one period and then wham! :) so be aware!

I didn't get mine for about 15 months - it was wonderful!

Mine didn't come back for a whole year!!!

Everyone will be different. With my first i never got my period and when he was 15 months i found out i was pregnant! I was weaning him at the time so it worked out great!
My daughter is now going to be 1 this month and i got my first period 2 months ago. It was SOO light (my periods before kids were only about 3 days and light) the second period was normal for me.
I have a friend who got her period back when her baby was only 2 months old and she was BF. So it really depends on the person. everyone is different!
BUT...you can STILL get Pregnant!!!!!

XO
A.

I went nearly 6 years without a period as I got pregnant, delivered, nursed exclusively for over a year with my son, got pregnant when he was 13 months, delivered and nursed exclusively 2 years. Everyone is different, but remember you can get pregnant without having a period.

With my first baby, it was over a year (yeah!). That was so nice! It was a little shorter with each baby (I have three kids). But I also BF over two years with each.

1 / 3