How Long After Ear Piercing Can You Swim?

My daughter really wants to get her ears pierced, which I am fine with. But I've read that you shouldn't go swimming (at least in a pool, ocean water seems to be ok) until 2-3 weeks after getting it done. I know a little girl who had them done a week or so ago and her parents said she's been swimming and has no problems.

My daughter has swim lessons every week and we often go to the pool on weekends. The weekend swimming we could avoid, (although is *is* summer and a millions degrees here), but the weekly swim lessons are prepaid and I don't want her to miss for earrings.

Any experience?

Oh good grief. Swimming is not going to hurt an ear piercing.

I don't see why you couldn't swim.

Just clean the piercing with the cleaning solution afterwards. Problem solved.

I never heard of no swimming after ear piercing. . Although, I would immagine that there might be some minor risks as bateria can be found in bodies of water especially lakes and ponds.

My daughter had her cartilige done and had to swim for gym class. She had no problems

If you have concerns, have her wait another month or two until summer is over.

I wouldn't worry about a pool. I would worry about natural bodies of water.

When I got my cartilage done I swam that day in a pool I knew I could trust!

Why can't the piercing wait until summer is over? Then you don't have to worry about how contaminated the water is or isn't.

I would be more worried on how dirty the piercing gun or needles were and did the operator wash and disinfect their hands before the proceedure. If an operator went from the counter to the peircing gun without washing their hands, I'd head for the exit quickly, very quickly!

Good luck to you and yours.

1 / 3