How Likely Am I to Have Multiples After Taking Clomid

My husband and I just found out that we are expecting our first baby. We have been to a fertility Dr. and i was taking clomid for the first time when i became pregnant. a few people i know say people who have taking this have had twins. we dont have first ultrasound till the 5th is there anyway to know before that just going off hcg numbers or anything?

Congratulations - what an exciting time! There's no way to tell just from hcg levels, so you'll have to wait until the ultrasound. There is about a 10% chance of having multiples. Did you get any ultrasounds while on the Clomid? I took Clomid, got an ultrasound that showed I had 2 viable eggs on each side, and still only have 1 baby in my belly :) Best of luck!

i took clomid for both pregnancies and had single births both times....but, there is a possibility depending on the dosage you took and i believe they can tell early by your hcg numbers being very high.

what ever happens, have a healthy pregnancy!!

I thought I was going to need Clomid so I talked with my DR about it and she told me you have a 10% chance of having twins and just a tiny chance of having more. Good luck!

There is absolutely no way to know from hcg - that I can promise you. :) There is a 7% chance of multiples while on Clomid (up from what I believe is 3% for a "natural" pregnancy). Your practitioner should have gone over these numbers with you before even starting on the medication. I'm surprised he/she didn't do that. Did you have ultrasound monitoring of your ovaries to know how many eggs released? If not, there's not much you can other than wait for your first scan. Congrats on your pregnancy!!

First of all congratulation. I took clomid about 31 years ago. At the time I was told that there was a possibilty of twins while tking this medication. Another possible side effect which I discovered too late (not that I wouldn't have taken the meds anyway) was etopic pregancy. Discovered that the had way after I became pregant, however the baby was formed in my tube. This was before ultrasound and I was very lucky as I carried the dead fetus for 3 months before explority surgery was done and the now late pregancy was discovered.

Please don't worry until the ultrasound then get ready for the bundle (or bundles) of joy you will be recieving. As you can see by the celebrities birth twins seem to be more common now and if need be I'm sure you will be able to step up to the plate in what ever is given you.

best of luck

Honestly no. Somtimes if your HCG quant is excessive it can be an indicator. But I took clomid with my last pregnancy - was monitored and had seven follicles, had crazy HCG levels and still only had one baby. I'm not saying it's not possible, but there's no real way to tell until you're looking at them :)

I took Clomid while TTC #2 and had just one baby. My dr. told me there was a 9-10% chance of twins w/ Clomid, better chance the higher the dose you take. I took a lower dose. You won't know for sure until you have a u/s, the #'s can't say for sure.

twins run in my family AND I took clomid to conceive both times. Single preganancies both times =) I have now naturally figured out my cycle/fertile times (day 21-14ish!) and I tease my husband that if we try naturally for #3, we may get a #4 too and wouldn't that be ironic now that I'm NOT on fertility treatment.

1 / 3