How Hard Is It to Babysit Another Baby That Is Newborn When I Have a 6 Mth Old?

I was thinking of trying to make some extra money from home and since I work a mothers day out on Tues/Thurs I was thinking of daycare or babysitting. Question is I've never done it for younger than what I currently have my own at. So...how hard is it to babysit my own that is 6 months old and just now learning to sit up assisted and adding a younger one....newborn up to my sons age? Has anyone done it and survived? What happened....need details on how I would do it and what do I need? LOL! Thanks to everyone for their advice.

I did home daycare for a long time. I found it easier to have 2 babies at a time. you can get them on the same schedule or pretty close and then they play as they grow. I was allowed with my license to have up to 3 under the age of 2 so I usually had 3 at a time.

I think it would depend how good you are at multitasking

It will be like having twins. You have to remember how often newborns feed and how long the feedings last. Your six month old might get cranky during those times. Certainly, there are many people that have done it, but I think it depends on how well you handle this type of stress.

the closer to your son's age the better but you will be fine. It is a busy day, but with just one other it will fill your day and that may be a good thing. I kept three other babies when my daughter was little and then I had a baby on top of that so by that time I had five kiddos under 2......DON'T recommend that. Keep your number low enough that when they get old enough you can get out and go to the library with them or park......it will be good for your lil' one to have a playmate and for you to not feel trapped.

okay, riley just scared me so bad i'm not sure i'll be watching my grandkids when they show up!
:D
khairete

I babysat a little girl who is six weeks younger than my son when they were both babies, and hated it. The little girl was VERY needy and didn't like me to put her down or walk away from her without carrying her everywhere with me. It made me feel horrible for my child, who definitely didn't get the attention he deserved from me! As a result of that, plus me getting pregnant while he was still a baby, made it to where I feel like I missed out a lot with him!
I think you could trial and error it and if you don't like it, then you can back out at any time, don't lock yourself into anything. It is definitely like having twins when you have two so close in age.

I have 3 kids very close in age so for me personally they are way to close I couldn't properly care for them. I think you should try with someone there before you are left lone with them for small trial basis. Good luck I really hope it works out for you just be honest with yourself and know what you can't handle.

When my youngest was a newborn, i babysat my husbands 2 month old cousin. We needed a little extra money and they needed the help. I also had a 2 year old, 7 and 8 year old. It was crazy, but we had a lot of fun. The living room was set up very much like a daycare. I started using my old double stroller and went for lots of walks. The hardest part was breastfeeding mine and bottle feeding the other baby at the same time! They always wanted to be on the same schedule...go figure! It was nice when i could get them all to nap on the same schedule.

You can do it :) It may be a little hectic, but once you have a routine it is not so bad.

1 / 3