How Far Along Do You Have to Be Before You Can Find Out the Sex of Your Child?

I am preganat with my first child, I am 11 weeks tomorrow. I was just curious, does anyone know how far along you have to be before you can find out the sex of your child?

I went to the doctors for my third month appt. and he said I get to find out the sex in six weeks which will be 19 weeks for me. Thank you all so much to everyone that replied to my question. :)

N.,

You need to be 20 weeks along before you can tell. The mystery is part of the fun for now, don't rush it!!

H.
mother of 3

Most OB's can tell at around 16 weeks, but the earlier it is done the greater the chance for error. Usually this is done between 20 and 24 weeks.

I found out the sex of my 2nd child at 13 weeks. My first child was more of a challenge, however. I had to wait until my second ultrasound late in my 2nd trimester!

I believe you have to be about 20 wks along, but the longer you wait the more sure they can be.

Hi N., you typically have to be 19 to 20 weeks to find out. Some ob/gyn's like to wait a little longer than that. For instance with my last baby my ob decided to wait until I was 23 weeks, and then my daughter was positioned wrong so we didn't find out until like the 27 week. Good luck!!!!

It depends on your OBGYN. I am finding out on Thursday (18 weeks) but sometimes it is hard to tell that early. The later they do the u/s the better. I am so excited for you!!! Good luck and Belly Rubs to you!!!!

You can be as early as 12 weeks, but they usually wait until your ultrasound at 20 weeks. Also, it's easier to tell for sure with a girl.

I found out at 15 weeks with mine... I worked on L&D and did ultrasounds for free a couple of times a week. =)

Hey N. in both of my pregnancies it was 18- 20 weeks when they scheduled the ultrasound so find out the sex of the baby.. you may be able to see it before then but they like to wait till about then.. I guess it depends on yourr dr and when they feel the best time is. Do you have a regular dr if so may I ask who and where exactly you live.. I am in miamisburg and for my first daughter I went to Dr Evangeline Andarsio, she was a great Dr I had the opportunity to meet her previosuly through a friend of mine and her pregnancy so I was already comfortable with her. My second daughter I had Mary Ellen Leary but she didnt end up delivering her however another dr in the office did. Its really important to meet and feel comfortable with your dr as well as the other dr's in the office because the chance of your dr being the one that delivers is not always good.. I hope this helps if you need any other information feel free to contact me through messenger... behindthesehazeleyes75

i was able to find out at 18 weeks

16 weeks at the absolute earliest but they normally do it at an ultrasound at your 5 month visit.

1 / 3