How Dressy Can I Dress for "The Nutcracker"?

I'd like your opinions on what I should wear to "The Nutcracker". It's at 8:00 p.m. on a Saturday night at Bass Hall. I'd like to wear a dress, but I don't want to over-do it and look like I'm trying too hard. Any suggestions?

Hi J., I wore a dress, nothing formal of course, but a cocktail dress as someone suggested, would be perfect. At the summer musicals, people wear everything. If you like to dress up, go for it. The Bass Hall is pretty dressy anyway. Have fun, it's a great show!

I don't think you could manage to over dress for this event so the type of dress you would wear to a very fancy xmas party would be fine.

A dress sounds perfect for Bass Hall. I think people dress all differently and dressing up is better than too casual.

I always wear a dress when I go to the Bass… but when I used to take my niece to the Nutcracker, we would really dress up. She would wear one of those poufy ball gowns and I would always wear something dressy or a skirt suit with heals or boots and we always attended the matinee.

Since your show if in the evening I would assume you are going to see women that go all out, have fun!

E.

you should just go in sunday church clothes. i have been several times and that seems to be just fine.

A dress is perfect. Not a formal gown or anything. I went there to see a show (can't remember which one) and I wore a black cocktail dress. There were a few people in jeans, but most were dressed like I was.

1 / 3