How Does Upromise Work???

I signed up for UPromise while I was online last night, but I can't figure out how it works. Do I collect "points" only by purchasing items when I shop online with their recommended vendors/stores? Do these points actually have monetary value? How do I redeem them or invest them? For the life of me, I cannot figure out how this program works...

I thought it was connected to student loans, but I could be wrong!

It's a good way to get money for college, but unless you get their credit card and shop online LOTS, you will need a primary saving plan and plan to use this as an extra amount of money, like for books.

We have used it for years and $150 is what I've gotten out of it so far. I do not have the credit card and I don't buy stuff online very much.

You also do not have to use their 529 account. You can get the money from your upromise purchases and deposit it into another account. That's what we did.

I joined in 2001 because SBC used to give rewards for the phonebill. Since then I've linked my drugstore, grocery and speedpass to the account. I just realized in the last 6 months all the savings I've been missing out on because I dont click on my retailers through there 1st before I make my online purchases. So now whenever I think I am going to buy something online, I check to see if I'll get credit through UPromise 1st.

I've been using it for 4 years and only have about $20 on there! You register store card numbers (I have mine, my husband's, my dad's and my brother's)like Jewel preferred card, etc. and when you use it to buy certain items you get a tiny amount put in your account. You can also earn money by shopping at places like gap.com, but you have to do it thru the Upromise site.

UPromise is an awesome way to start saving money for you child for college by doing everyday shopping. They put money into an account for you and after you aquire so much they suggest investing it into a 529 college account. The money can be taken out when you child goes to school.
I strongly suggest downloading the The Turbosaver from the website. This makes it easier to get the savings without having to go to upromise everytime you shop on line. It automatically lets you know the site you are on is a contributor. Some companies give 2% or your purchase to the account and others give more it just depends on the company.
You can also get a Upromise Visa, and you can register some of your grocery or pharmacy cards to get credit while you shop in the real world.

Read what the website says and start shopping. It is amazing how fast money will go into the account for you child. And with money tight these days it is a nice thing to have.
I have been a upromise user for at least 6 years now and love it. The Turbosaver makes it a lot easier to get the savings because you don't have to constantly check the website for contributors.

1 / 3