How Do You Store Those Gift Bags?

We just moved, and I've got a whole bunch of those gift bags for various holidays and special events that I don't know how to store. I made a trip to The Container Store and they have a hanging organizer that looked pretty neat but I don't have a good closet to hang that in.

Do you have any good tips or ideas on how to store them so they don't get bent or ruined before I need to use one? I would love to hear your ideas.

Thank you ladies for all the wonderful input!! As I continued to un-pack I found one of those plastic/sterilite boxes like some of you had mentioned....just waiting for all those bags. I like this because I can slide it under the bed and it's not in the way.

I have a plastic box that fits under my bed that I store all my gift bags, tissue, and wrapping paper in.

I use a sterlite clear container for all of my bags. No matter what occasion I can pull it down and pick a bag . I also keep all of the tissue paper in a flatter one. HTH

I save those plastic, zipper bags that comforters, quilts, sheets sets, ect...come in. THe big ones are great for storing those bags...and free:)

I have a box that is about the size of a case of paper with the lid off. I have all non Christmas bags in there on their side from smallest to largest. In the same box I also store all the tissue paper (Packaged) as well. I also store the box on top of a cabinet thing that I have in my laundry room. I have a lot of bags, so it works very well.

Prior to the box, I had them all in one of the larger/stronger bags standing up.

I have a special bag I found at Christmas last year just for this. It was red Rubbermaid nylon bag with zippered compartments for large bags, small bags, ribbons and tissue paper. I have a TON of bags. It keeps them confined. Bags are one thing I have a hard time getting rid of. Keep your eye out this christmas.

under my bed in a large long storage container and also in a plastic cart with large drawers in a closet

I put them all in one big bag and it sits in the bottom of my linen closet.

1 / 3