How Do You Remove a Stubborn Soap Scum Bathtub Ring?

I have tried everything I could think of to clean this ring in the bathtub...Comet, baking soda and vinegar, magic eraser, etc..nothing works. It scrapes off with my fingernail but that would take me all day...not to mention ruin my nails. I read on tipking.com to try fume free Easy off oven cleaner, but it's like BELOW FREEZING outside and there's no way I am going to leave a window open this time of year. Anyone got any suggestions? Thanks!
Edited 12/8/06: I forgot to mention I have also tried Scrubbing Bubbles and filling the tub with bleach water and letting it sit. I want to thank everyone for the suggestions; I'm going to start with the easiest/cheapest methods mentioned and work my way up..I will post an update when I find something that works!

and the winner is.....KABOOM!!! FINALLY, that tub ring is GONE, and it didn't take a lot of effort with Kaboom. Here is what else I tried that didn't work: I tried The Works...it didn't even TOUCH it..I mean, this was one tough bathtub ring! I even tried the Easy Off fume free oven cleaner..again, it didn't even touch it! I got a pumice stone and tried that..okay, THAT worked but it took WAY too much effort and I gave up. Then I bought a bottle of Kaboom; AMAZING..it worked! I sprayed it on and only left it on for a couple of minutes and then with very little effort with a wet cloth, it came off. I didn't even have to use a scrubbie, but I'm sure it would have even taken less time to come off if I had. But it still didn't take much time or effort..I was impressed! Thanks to everyone who was kind enough to take time to help out! :)

Have you tried lysol scrubbing bubbles? Spray it on and leave it there for a little while, then wipe away.

B. :)

shaving cream will clean it I use it all the time my step father worked at the oil rigs and you know that they come in dirty and greasy and my chore this is when I was at home with my mother I had to clean it. Well good old cheap shaving cream you just spray it on there and let it sit and then rub it off. It worked everytime also great on cleaning tables and counters.

I used to clean houses for a living and you need to go to the dollar store and get this stuff called green monster or something like that it comes in a big bottle and one of those non-abrasive scrubbers a lot of elbow grease it stinks but you gotta do what you gotta do but you can also get a pumice stone and soap and elbow grease if you want a no chemical option

Lysol Scrubbing Bubbles...I love it, I tell all my friends about it...It really does work!

B. :)

Try CrudCutter. It is cheap and works to get stubborn stains off around the house.

two words
THE WORKS!
awesome product, not to pricey, works WONDERFUL!

It depends on what your tub is made of....

*Try using KABOOM
We have used it for soap scum that not even a fingernail would get it off, and it came off. You spray it on and leave it on 1-3 minutes then using an all-purpose scrubbing pad work the soap scum ring off. Follow instructions on the spray bottle and repeat as necessary.

*[It can be used on any surface, except painted wood.]

Also:

**Porcillin or tile: Use powder comet (works better than the creme)and a heavy duty scouring pads (green in color).

**[This method cannot be used on the plastic shower type walls or tub materials.]

Soft Scrub with lots of elbow grease!

Go to dollar general and get the works, its a cleaner for soap scum and the stuff that i couldn't clean with anything else it took right off. It's cheap and it works wonders, they have toliet bowl cleaner and a spray cleaner for bathrooms.

1 / 3