How Do You Keep Your Sheets Smelling Fresh?

I was wondering how you ladies keep your sheets smelling fresh in your linen closets? I find that if sheets sit in the closet too long that they smell icky and I end up rewashing clean sheets before I'll use them. Does anyone else have the problem and if so how do you combat it? Thanks in advance ladies!

Try putting dryer sheets in between the folded sheets. If that doesn't do the trick, I suggest you paint and seal the insie walls and shelves of the linen closet.

I'm with another mom below. I got rid of all my old sheets. I only use one set at a time. I will wash my sheets and but them right back on in 2 hours. When they get too worn out, then I put on a new set. I do always have a new spare on hand just in case. You never know if something happens in the middle of the night - like one time my daughter got sick in our bed - gross. I wasn't doing laundry then! At least we had a spare to get us through one night!

A sachet of baking soda or a dryer sheet can work wonders.

Our linen closet doesn't have anything in it that could create unpleasant odors, and we keep it closed so that the pets don't get into it.
Neither of us is a big fan of scents on linens. We use unscented alundry detergent, and as long as the sheets don't smell funky, they're fine.

same problem here and I can't figure out where the smell comes from!
I like the idea of a space bag and a dryer sheet.
For now, I just wash and return them to the bed so they'll be perfectly fresh...or I just keep the "used" ones in the laundry hamper until I need to change the sheets and then wash them and put them on fresh...pet peeve of mine.

I would just hang them out on a clothes line for an hour or two before you use them. The fresh air and the sun will help to crisp them right up and smell nature fresh again. Works for me.

If it is your linen closet that smells, then you might want to buy a space bag and store unused sheets in it with a dryer sheet.

We don't keep more linens than we need, which helps. When they were all "crammed" in there it got musty. We "purged" and now have only what we need and keep "spares" in the basement- they only get used when we have a LOT of company and then I have to wash them.

Aside from that, I would suggest putting dryer sheets between the sets of sheets to keep them smelling fresh and rotate your linens weekly- don't just wash and put the same ones back on the bed!

1 / 3