How Do You Get Water Spots off Glass Shower Doors?

I have been in my house for almost a year and already I have water spots on my shower door. When you stand away from the door you can't see the spots...the glass looks clear, but from up close you can see it. I've tried CLR, Lime Away, The Works and just about everything else. I clean the bathroom once a week and we have soft water so I'm not sure how to prevent this from getting worse. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

I wanted to thank everyone for their response. So far I haven't found anything that works, but I'm still going down my list of ideas. :) I really think it is the water here. I got a new van last month and after washing it for the second time I've noticed the same spots on the van windows. You can't see the spots from a distance, but when looking up close, like when washing them, you can notice it. Same thing as my shower doors. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks and I'll let everyone know when and if I find something that works. Thank You..... Tammy

I use Hydrogen Peroxide for everything! It cleans water spots, soap scum, mirrors!, white laundry, disinfects countertops, takes oders out of the air, toilets, and so much more! Try it, it's cheap and easy to use with no fowl or harmful chemical smell! Hope this helps.

I have two suggestions:
After you clean the glass doors, pour oil for wood (like Old English) onto a paper towel or rag and wipe it onto the door. It makes it really clean!!
Keep a squeegie (soory I don't know how to spell that) in your shower and when you take a shower, squeegie the door before you get out.

viniger and water; 1 part vinigar to one part water. WORKS EVER TIME!!!!

Vinager is a good one on a cotton towel

I use Tilex soap scum remover (it's the foaming kind) and it gets everything out of my shower. If you haven't tried it, give it a shot.

I have the same problem so I'm curious to see what others say.

I don't know how to prevent the spots from happening but I do know the Mr Clean magic eraser works amazingly to remove soap scum build up and water spots from the shower walls and doors. I try to use the daily shower spray to keep it clean and less spotty, but dh is the 2nd one in the shower everyday and he never uses it.

I like everyone else's suggestions. We keep a squeegee (sp?) in the shower and after every shower we squeegee after the last person showers we spray the daily shower treatment- we used to use the tilex brand but have had luck with "Method" brand from Target too.

1 / 3