How Do You Get Vinyl Lettering off of Glass?

Hi I need to get the vinyl lettering off of the back window of my car. I have tried goo gone and I have tried scrubbing and scraping and finger nail polish remover and so far notta! does any one have any ideas?

Try WD-40. It is in a spray can and not expensive, under $3.00. Has worked great for me for many gooy situations. Also is a lubricant for squeeky doors, etc. Many blessings to you!

Trying heating up the lettering with a blow dryer, then you peel it off and clean up the residue with the goo gone.

Use a razor blade (carefully) to remove the actual vinyl. For the adhesive that is left over - I would take it to a car wash and have them clean it up. We had to remove vinyl letters from our paint, and that's how we finally got them off. My husband used goo-b-gone for an hour or more and still had quite a bit to do. Save yourself the hassle and fustration!!

We just bought a new car and they took off all the numbers and letters with a HAIR DRYER of all things!!!! They heated up the letters and numbers and poof they peeled right off!

Try vinegar and a scraper. It worked on ours. I hope this helps you.

Try using a razor blade.

I used to work applying these types of graphics and depending on how old it is/how long it has been on the window, you should be able to just carefully peel the lettering off without needing any solvent. Use a hard plastic spatula or scraper (razor blade as a last resort so you don't damage any tinting) to get the edge/corner up and then slowly peel off. If the sticky stuff is left after then try something like windex or rubbing alcohol before any of those solvents. Good luck.

Try WD-40. I know it sounds crazy, but it works. I used to work in a grocery store and used it to remove all kinds of adhesives, and I just recently used it on my own vehicle window to remove stickers my children placed on the windows. Just spray it on, wait a minute or two and wipe off. You can also a straight razor to scrape off the WD-40 moistened stickers if it won't just wipe clean (that's what I had to do) and it won't scratch your window.

1 / 3