How Do You Get Urine Out of a Mattress?

My son has had a couple accidents on a fairly new mattress, and I was wondering if any of you moms out there know of anything that can get the smell/stain out?

Start with rubbing down the area with vinegar and a little bit of a mild detergent. after rubbing out vinegar and detergent, put baking soda on and let dry over night. Then vacuum the baking soda off.

Hi - If you go to Pet Smart they have several enzyme based cleaners that really work great for pet urine and I'm sure they'd be great for your needs as well. The one we use is called Nature's Miracle. We have a cat that has had accidents and this stuff is truly a miracle - it COMPLETELY removes the smell and stain. This one is specifically for cat urine, but Nature's Miracle also makes a generic version. Ask which would be best for you. The only caveat is that it has to sit on the mattress for awhile until it dries -- the enzymes are working only while it's wet -- so you have to let it sit wet for awhile, a day or two. I think Martha Stewart even suggested putting plastic wrap on so that it stays wet (and works) longer. But for us, it's been worth the wait as it's really worked on mattresses and furniture. Good luck!

Vinegar-it cuts through odor wonderfully. I've had that problem before. I have saturated the spot & let it dry. Yes, it smells of vinegar for a little while, but only while it's drying. After it's dry, I don't notice it. And, this has been on my bed, not my child's. Then, waterproof mattress covers.

I have used pinesol and then run to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought a mattress protector.

I have a hoover steam cleaner that has a hose attachment so that you can use it on furniture like a couch or mattress. This is the only thing that worked for me to get the smell out of the mattress.

There is something out there called urine be gone (I think that is the correct name) but we used it for cat urine and it worked well for couch mattress and cushions. You can buy it on line.

Bye, bye mattress! I can deal with stain, but the urine smell goes deep and very difficult to get out. If you have a bed wetter, buy some plastic sheets and put regular sheets over.

Blessings.....

I use water/liquid soap and a small amount of bleach. Scrub throughly then let air dry. When its all dry purchase a waterproof mattress cover.

1 / 3