How Do You Get Throw up Smell Out of Carpet???

I would really like to know if there's an easy way to get the throw up smell out of carpet? Any home remedies anyone knows about? I've already steam cleaned the carpet this afternoon and thought the smell was gone, but I just went in my daughters room and the smell almost made me throw up myself!! Please help, I'm nauseated!!
Thanks, H.

I had my carpets cleaned by Sears and they advised me to use a solution of 1/2 white vinegar and 1/2 club soda to clean any spots in my carpet. Give that a try along with baking soda once the carpet has dried. Best of luck - let me know if it works!

I am a simple person - I don't run out and buy CERTAIN things for certain jobs.

I get a bucket of soapy water and a good rag --- clean up what I can of the biggest mess - then wash my hands with an antibacterial soap then before rinsing, scrub those suds into the carpet... then scrub it up with the rag that has been rinsed and in a bucket of clear water. Keep doing this until the smell is gone - shouldn't take more than 2-3 times.

Believe me - I've cleaned a lot of messes like this and almost make more of the same, when I smell it!

A product that works is called OdorzOut. It is sold in Petsmart or Petco stores, I can't remember which. Great for all bodily function odors especially on fabrics and beds. Good luck.

Try baking soda. Sprinkle it on and let it sit for about an hour or so, then vaccum it away. It really works well for pet odor too.

Try Nature's Miracle at pet stores or OdorXit. The second can be found online. It takes smoke odor out as well as other funky odors.

spinkle pure baking soda on the spot and let it sit for a while. it will help draw the smell out and neutralize it. then jsut vacuum it up. them maybe spray a little febreze in her room.

have you tried letting baking soda sit on it i wet it alittle and let it sit there for a while. my son is one of them let me paint the wall and carpet with my poop. or i use that natures miracle for dogs. it gets the smell out of things.

Ok--we've tried EVERYTHING to get smells out of our carpet. NOTHING compares to "Urine-Off". When you order it on-line it comes with a blacklight. You can scan your entire house to find any type of bodily fluid that may be on your carpet (snot, spit, vomit, urine, etc.). It has enzymes that eats the odor away. It leaves a refreshing smell that eventually goes away and the other odor is completely gone. It is SO worth the money.

(This works especially well on cat pee. Nothing else takes that smell out of carpet.)

1 / 3