How Do You Get Pen Out of Leather Seats?

My 5 year old son thought it was a good idea to write on the leather seats in our car with an ink pen. How do I get this out?

Yikes! I don't think Goof Off would work, may take the finish off the leather and leave it looking dull. I know DW40 gets pen off but again, I think it would ruin the leather. The only thing I can think of is using the Magic Sponge on it maybe??? I use the MS on everything and I would say about 95% of the time it gets whatever it is out. Or rub a leather cleaner into it and see if that works.

Just wanted to warn you ... do not try a magic eraser, it will take the color out of the leather. Learned from personal experience!! Here is what I have found (sort of) works. If you catch it early enough, sometimes just using a regular baby wipe will get most of the ink out. My second try would be hairspray, but go lightly with that, as the alcohol in the spray (which is what breaks down the ink) might also bleach the leather if you use too much. Good luck, and I'll be watching this for more suggestions.

I would call a car detail shop or a furniture store that specializes in leather, or even a leather shop like Tandy and see what they reccomend.
Peggy

I have heard hairspray and peanut butter. Beyond those household items, one that works is also Shaklee Basic H, but you would have to order and it takes time. Good luck!

Well, it must be the time for 5 yr olds to do this! My daughter just took pen to our vinyl console and the back of my headrest. Hairspray took it out of the fabric headrest with no issues, but the console...YIKES!! I googled this ? and what most said was hairspray in combo with magic eraser or clearasil. I tried both and over a few days it faded. I would try it on a inconspicuous spot first to make sure it will not bleach the fabric. The clearasil was the best. Apply it to the spot, let it dry and cure for a couple of hours, then wipe with a damp cloth. Good Luck!

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. They work WONDERS. My son had fun with a pen on my mom's leather couch and the Magic Eraser got it off. Then I just conditioned the leather and it was good as new. Good luck!

alcohol gently wiped should do the trick.My youngest daughter used it to clean the couch and rubbed a little too hard. Other than that.........a little hairspray might also help. Good luck...........I know how frustrating it is. My grandson used a write on wipe off marker on my leather in my car. Good luck J.

We had success with hand sanitizer, it removed Sharpie from the leather. good luck!

1 / 3