How Do You Get Pen Out of Leather Seats?

My 5 year old son thought it was a good idea to write on the leather seats in our car with an ink pen. How do I get this out?

Yikes! I don't think Goof Off would work, may take the finish off the leather and leave it looking dull. I know DW40 gets pen off but again, I think it would ruin the leather. The only thing I can think of is using the Magic Sponge on it maybe??? I use the MS on everything and I would say about 95% of the time it gets whatever it is out. Or rub a leather cleaner into it and see if that works.

Just wanted to warn you ... do not try a magic eraser, it will take the color out of the leather. Learned from personal experience!! Here is what I have found (sort of) works. If you catch it early enough, sometimes just using a regular baby wipe will get most of the ink out. My second try would be hairspray, but go lightly with that, as the alcohol in the spray (which is what breaks down the ink) might also bleach the leather if you use too much. Good luck, and I'll be watching this for more suggestions.

I would call a car detail shop or a furniture store that specializes in leather, or even a leather shop like Tandy and see what they reccomend.
Peggy

I have heard hairspray and peanut butter. Beyond those household items, one that works is also Shaklee Basic H, but you would have to order and it takes time. Good luck!

Well, it must be the time for 5 yr olds to do this! My daughter just took pen to our vinyl console and the back of my headrest. Hairspray took it out of the fabric headrest with no issues, but the console...YIKES!! I googled this ? and what most said was hairspray in combo with magic eraser or clearasil. I tried both and over a few days it faded. I would try it on a inconspicuous spot first to make sure it will not bleach the fabric. The clearasil was the best. Apply it to the spot, let it dry and cure for a couple of hours, then wipe with a damp cloth. Good Luck!

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. They work WONDERS. My son had fun with a pen on my mom's leather couch and the Magic Eraser got it off. Then I just conditioned the leather and it was good as new. Good luck!

alcohol gently wiped should do the trick.My youngest daughter used it to clean the couch and rubbed a little too hard. Other than that.........a little hairspray might also help. Good luck...........I know how frustrating it is. My grandson used a write on wipe off marker on my leather in my car. Good luck J.

We had success with hand sanitizer, it removed Sharpie from the leather. good luck!

try spraying a Q Tip with hair spray and rubbing it gently over the ink

Just had this happen to us, our couches were only 1 month old, so we had a warranty on them. We had someone come in and professionally try to remove it. They used rubbing alcohol and you can tell where they tried to remove it if you look very closely so I would be very careful using it and not rub hard at all. In some area they also used a color pen to cover up some marks. Not perfect, but better than see the huge lines of pen that were there. Our couches are a very light beige color so the "bleaching" using the rubbing alchohol is not very noticeable,

We just had this issue posted on a mom's site I go to and someone said to use Axe Body Spray on it. They also mentioned the hairspray trick as well, and antibacterial hand gel.

I've heard (although never tried!) baby wipes work wonders. I have used them on carpet stains and they work great for that. Maybe test an inconspicuous spot first. Good luck!

You could try a mr. clean magic eraser, or i used to use a product called quick and brite works great on cleaning any surface. It makes shoes look white again, u can use it to clean any part of your home, toys anything. Don't know if stores carry it anymore but maybe you can find it online. Hope that helps.