How Do You Get Netflix on Your Tv? (Another Tv Question)

So I'm not signing up for cable to save money. I was just going to keep my netflix subscription...BUT my ex is keeping the wii, so without Wii or a computer beside the tv how do you get netflix to stream to you tv?

i have a computer and internet I just dont want to put it next to the tv

We use a wii which I see you've lost. My daughter uses her laptop, but you don't want it by the tv.
You could use an ipad or ipod if you have one. Need cables though.

I would consider getting a Roku or Blu-ray player that can stream. The Roku box can do Netflix, Hulu+ and other content. You can get them starting at $59.99. That's probably the most cost effective option.

I have a DVD/BluRay player that also has Wifi capability. It connects directly to my Netflix. I love it. I bought it at Best Buy (it's their "Insignia" brand).

I don't have cable either. :o)

Do you have a smartphone? I believe if you have netflix streaming only sub, you can get a cable to connect the fone to the tv, and it streams to the big screen. I'm pretty sure this is how my husband does it.

we have Apple TV, which costs $99 and uses the internet connection.

Internet connection... can be used via the TV and the Wii.
You have to hook up, your cabling, as such.
I don't know how, but my Husband got a gadget from Sears, that you put in the back of the TV (which makes it a wireless internet connection), and then you can go online... via the TV too.
But I don't know what kind of TV you have?

You can use your Wii box, as a internet tool, too.
Just look on the Wii menu.
We used to do that.
But now, our TV, has a 'menu' in which there are many internet accessible app's on it. Like Netflix.
What kind of tv do you have?
Fiddle around with it, the menu, and see if it has internet app's on it.
If so, then you can watch streaming Netflix on your TV.

I stream it through my Blu Ray player, I have a friend that does it though one of his game stations, I think XBox. If you go to Netflix's website they will tell you what devices they have that are netflix ready for your tv.

My brother and his wife have a Blu Ray DVD player that is NetFlix compatible. They bought us one last Christmas thinking it was too but it is not. We're not going to watch NetFlix in my bedroom on the computer, nor are we hooking it up to our son's Wii upstairs in his bedroom, so we don't get it until we get a new DVD player which won't be for a very long time.

K. B
mom to 5 including triplets

We bought a DVD player that is netflix compatible.

1 / 3