How Do You Get Child's Urine Out of a Brand New Mattress???

We are potty training our 2 1/2 year old and she usually doesn't even go at night, but last night she went at least a gallon! I have her crib size mattress pad on her bed, but of course she was upside down and sideways or something and peed on the brand new white mattress in her twin bed. How do you get the urine out? She has had a couple of accidents over the past few months on the carpet and the carpet cleaner and soultion worked great...no evidence of it. However, I have used the cleaner and solution (Bissell) on the mattress and it still smells. I cleaned it at the time of the accident 10Pm and again this morning, so I feel like I got to it quickly. HELP!

You probably won't be able to get the visual stain out but the smell can probably be removed. I know the pet stain removal stuff works great but it's expensive. I bought Odoban from Sam's club and it worked great. I am still potty training my son. He pees on all his clothes all the time. It got the smell out wonderful. It is about $10 for a big jug and a spray bottle together. The smell it leaves behind is OKAY but much better than pee. I have tried Vinegar and it did not work for me. Also I have tried Febreeze and OxyClean. Also did not work. Odoban is the only thing I could get to work and I've been at it for 3 years now! Good Luck!

I have had pee on my carpet and what I did was first soak up what pee I could then sprinkled rubbing alchol over the area and blott it out. No smell at all.

Spray vinegar AND THEN put a lot of baking soda on it and let it dry. Once dry, you can vacuum it up, and it should be good. We have done this with pillows where it goes a little on them because we got tired of buying new ones LOL. Good luck, and go ahead to invest in a mattress protector. I think they're pretty cheap. Also be careful with the Bissel because those chemicals will remain on the mattress and may not be safe.

Petsmart has this cleaner called Natures Miracle. It's got special enzymes to breakdown natural body fluid odors and such. It will work great. I suggest pouring some on top of where your daughter peed and then let it sit for a few minutes. Get as much out with a towel and then put it in the sun to dry.

Peroxide and baking soda will probably work the best or you could also try Nature's Miracle. Also invest in a waterproof twin mattress pad, they have pretty nice ones you can get at Wal-Mart. I bought one that's cotton/poly and soft (not crinkly) waterproof fabric on the back. It saves a lot of clean up time!!!!

I used Nature's Miracle which you can buy at Pet Stores.... It is an enzymatic cleaner that eats up the microbes that make the smell.

You need to use a lot of it, soak the mattress with it. Then blot it up and take the mattress outside on a sunny day and let it air.

While you're doing all this, run to Kohls or Target and by a plastic sheet cover to put on the mattress. You can cover it with the regular cloth kind so it's not uncomfortable.

At that age, there are bound to be accidents, so instead of getting mad at the mess, preventing the mess from being hard to clean up is my suggestion.

My daughter had an accident on our futon. What seems to work is baking soda. It absorbs the wet and removes any smell. We just sprinkled it liberally over the mattress and then covered.
It worked to take out any smells.
good luck!
N. G

Get some ODO BAN (Sam's carries in gallon-size with spray bottle attached) and spray it on it full-strength. Blot and allow to air DRY. Repeat if necessary. The urine probably got down INTO the mattess and is NOT going to come out as easily as the thinner carpet and padding.

Then get a plastic zipper casing for the mattress for future offenses.

P. <><

Shaving Cream works great on the surface. I don't know about getting under the surface - but the shaving cream works great for cleaning the outer layer.

1 / 3