How Do You Get Chiggers off Your Body?!

My 5 year old daughter is covered in chiggers (eww!)... I know I need to wash her bed linens, towels, clothes, etc...

But what are your tried and true remedies to get them out of her SKIN??

we live in FL where there is a ton of spanish moss. we always used clear fingernail polish to get them off.

I am another vote for clear nail polish. That is what we always did at summer camp and it always worked great, good luck!

You need to take clear nail polish and put it over the areas that are infested with the chiggers to suffocate them... they are nasty little things. I have also in a pinch used Aqua Net strong hold hairspray but it has to be thick... basically the point is to suffocate them so they die and then exfoliate in a shower not a bath!

My mom is a firm believer in lye soap for chiggers and any other kind of bites or itchies. We have tried it and it works really well.

Just wash with soap. They are not in her skin - they do not burrow in..
My sister used to get chigger bites from walking across fields in the tall grass.
Here's how to treat the bites:
http://www.wikihow.com/Treat-Chigger-Bites

wow. Im glad we dont have chiggers in CA. I like the hairspray suffocation answer, seems like that would work well. Thats what I do to ants and other bugs. Thats the only reason I have a can of aquanet, it freezes bugs in their tracks.

wash the bedding in the hottest water possible, get the chiggers off the skin by putting clear nail polish on the chigger bites, it kills them, when a clear liquid comes out of the chigger bite, the little guy is dead.
K. h.

1 / 3