How Do We Get Rid of All Our Extra Dirt?

We have been leveling off our back yard, and we have so much dirt we need to get rid of. I have posted it on craigslist and the Plano.gov website. We have had a handful of people come get some, but we have so much more. Where else can I post it so we can get rid of it? Thanks!

If you want people to come to you rather than having to dispose of it yourself, you can always try www.freecycle.org. I don't think I've ever seen a post for "dirt" on there, but I've seen many many others including trees, bushes, flowers, etc. Join your local group and then join the closest metroplex group. That way you can have more exposure and hopefully find more people who want your dirt. LOL Just go to the website and you can find all the groups closest to you. Good luck!

Do you live in town or in the country? How much dirt do you have, a pickup bed full, 5 wheelbarrows or a dump truck full? There are some other things that can be done with the dirt. Have you thought about having a raised garden or flower bed? Check with your neighbors to see if they could use some dirt. How willing are you to do some manual labor? You could take it to people who could use it, bag it up, etc. Check with the city and see if they need it for something. If you live in the country or city, you could spread it on your front yard. Could you put it on the dirt road, depending on how much it is? Try advert. in the local bargain shopper (it should be free) or radio shopper (swap shop). Hope this helps.

my horse pasture in provo please call me asap ###-###-#### day or night any day

I've seen signs around the area requesting "fill dirt" and topsoil. You might want to google "fill dirt" or "topsoil", and see what you come up with. Also, have you tried calling some of the larger local landscaping companies? They might want it, and probably will even pay you for it (I think they pay by the sq. yard).

I don't know if you can post topsoil or fill dirt on freecycle.com or not, but you might try posting there, too.

HTH!

We leveled our backyard and built a retaining wall and after the dirt settled, we actually needed some of it back. We can take some off your hands if you want. Depending on how much you have, my husband had to rent some kind of dumping lift thing. THen he found a local lot where they we're looking for fill. They let him dump his dirt there. I think there is a lot on 2499 in Highland Village that is still looking for fill dirt.

We sure could use it. How much do you have?
Thanks
P.

1 / 3