How Do I Start My Son in Little League?????

Help! My son is 5 and wants to join tball so bad. When I called the Wixom parks and rec they said we don't have our own tball division. When I googled tball it said to check your school district. When I then googled walled lake tball it took me to the commerce division website. Anyone that can lead me in the right direction??

Thanks for the info. I am new to the sports world and need all the help I can get. See you all on the field this spring!!!

Hi D., Here in Livingston county (I live in Brighton) we go through our community services for sports programs when they are this young. Once they get older they can play through the school system. My son who is 7 has played T-ball, soccer, football, basketball, swim lessons and lots of other fun things like sports sampler, golf, tennis, art, theater, etc.
Each season we get a brochure in them mail of what they have to offer. We also get the same from the Howell and Harland
community services since we live near by. Usually the programs last anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks. I hope this helps.
Have fun. I always say my favorite sport to watch is whatever one my son is playing.

At that age, I would recommend the Y. They have a great, no pressure program for t-ball. We went to the Farmington Y, but if you have one closer to you, you can contact them. Good luck and have fun!

I live in South Lyon. I know they have a tball and baseball league for kids. The South Lyon Recreation Dept (www.slrec.com) coordinates programs as well as the South Lyon Junior League. I believe both programs have tball teams that start at age 5.

D.,
I think tball is over for the year. That's usually a springtime thing to sign up for. Now would be signing up for soccer.
Walled Lake is probably like every other parks/rec and school system set up. A certain time of year for certain sports.
You could always go to the park and practice with him. Consider getting him into another sport or program until tball is up again. It would help take his mind off the wait.

Hi D.,

Try this website http://lakesareabaseball.com/ it is in Commerce TWP

In wixom,you could go through Lakes Area Little League that someone sent you the link for or Commerce Little League,
http://eteamz.active.com/CLLB/index.cfm?showreg=1

1 / 3