How Do I Remove Crayon Marks from Painted Walls?

Hey Mama's! My sweet toddler wrote on both the refridgerator and painted walls. The walls are painted with a matte paint. I tried to wipe off the crayon marks with water but that did not work and I am reluctant to scrup hard or use something abraisive. We have touch-up paint but it is actually a little lighter than the original and I do not want to paint the whole wall. Please let me know what might work for both fridge & walls. Thanks in advance, Mamas!

I have found that the Mr.Clean Magic Erasers work very well on walls and pretty much anywhere w marker and crayon.

I found a spray product called De-Solve-It at Walmart. It is citrus oil and it works really well. It is good for removing gum and a lot of other things too.

Magic Eraser really does work great.

Avon's Skin So Soft works great!! www.youravon.com/suzannewebb

With your walls being matte finish, I would not use the WD-40. It works like a charm, but will leave it's own oily mark. The Magic Eraser is wonderful. It will take it off easily. My daughter (3 yrs.) is also a wall colorer. Well, she was. She got really tired of cleaning up her artwork. If you can get your son to at least help you clean it up, I would. However, it may backfire. For a while, my daughter colored on the walls SO she could clean them. Now she has her own bottle of cleaning solution (water) along with a small scrub brush and sponge. She gets to clean the fridge, side of the stove and the doors. Once it was okay to do it, she quickly lost interest. Now she makes messes so she can vacuum them up. (arrgh(O: LOL)

The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is a great tool for stuff like that. My kids did that too right after we moved into our brand new house. Took it right off without taking the paint off. Also, if your little ones decide to paint, oh say, a white window sill, powdered dishwashing detergent takes that right off. Ask me how I know. LOL!

H.
H.'s Sweet Scents
Wonderful Handmade Bath Products
www.havenssweetscents.webs.com

toothpaste works wonders. the white one not the gel

Of course Mr Clean magic eraser

1 / 3