How Do I Remove Crayon Marks from Painted Walls?

Hey Mama's! My sweet toddler wrote on both the refridgerator and painted walls. The walls are painted with a matte paint. I tried to wipe off the crayon marks with water but that did not work and I am reluctant to scrup hard or use something abraisive. We have touch-up paint but it is actually a little lighter than the original and I do not want to paint the whole wall. Please let me know what might work for both fridge & walls. Thanks in advance, Mamas!

I have found that the Mr.Clean Magic Erasers work very well on walls and pretty much anywhere w marker and crayon.

I found a spray product called De-Solve-It at Walmart. It is citrus oil and it works really well. It is good for removing gum and a lot of other things too.

Magic Eraser really does work great.

Avon's Skin So Soft works great!! www.youravon.com/suzannewebb

With your walls being matte finish, I would not use the WD-40. It works like a charm, but will leave it's own oily mark. The Magic Eraser is wonderful. It will take it off easily. My daughter (3 yrs.) is also a wall colorer. Well, she was. She got really tired of cleaning up her artwork. If you can get your son to at least help you clean it up, I would. However, it may backfire. For a while, my daughter colored on the walls SO she could clean them. Now she has her own bottle of cleaning solution (water) along with a small scrub brush and sponge. She gets to clean the fridge, side of the stove and the doors. Once it was okay to do it, she quickly lost interest. Now she makes messes so she can vacuum them up. (arrgh(O: LOL)

The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is a great tool for stuff like that. My kids did that too right after we moved into our brand new house. Took it right off without taking the paint off. Also, if your little ones decide to paint, oh say, a white window sill, powdered dishwashing detergent takes that right off. Ask me how I know. LOL!

H.
H.'s Sweet Scents
Wonderful Handmade Bath Products
www.havenssweetscents.webs.com

toothpaste works wonders. the white one not the gel

Of course Mr Clean magic eraser

The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is awesome!

Mr Clean Magic Erasers! They are the best.

Mr Clean Magic Eraser..............your new best friend :)
It should take off the crayon, but you might have to touch up the area with paint, bc it might take off some of the paint too.
http://J..yoursmh.com

My daughter did the same thing to her freshly painted walls and carpet. And as crazy as it is I used windex. Hope it helps

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is a fabulous product. My friend used a hair dryer. She let it blow on the wall long enough to soften the crayon and then used a clean rag to wipe it off.

4 words...Mr. Clean Magic Eraser...they work wonders and aren't harsh.

The Magic Eraser does work well and will get it off but be aware it might take some paint too! I guess it may depend on the type of paint since others have said it doesn't hurt, but it definitely did mine! Don't scrub. Try to use it as lightly as possible.

L.-

You might want to try Magic Eraser. I think it is made by Mr. Clean but not sure. It gets crayon off of anything and you can usually find it by the cleaning supplies in the store. Hope it works for you.

WD-40 works too, if the others don't.

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser!
try it dry first

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser!

Sounds so familiar!! My now 4 yr old did the same thing! :o) I use Solumel...it works great and is safe (no chemicals or toxins or fumes).