How Do I Get the Smell Out

My daughter has been potty trained for about a year now, but still has an occassional night-time accident. When I wash everything, I can still smell the urine in her pajamas. There doesn't seem to be a problem with the sheets, and I don't remember it on her clothes when she had day-time accidents.
I have triple-washed her pjs, soaked them in bleach, washed in hot and cold water, used oxiclean and spray and wash. I've put the pjs back on her after the multiple washings, but I can still smell them when she's sitting near me.
What else can I use?

I use baking soda in the wash. (I buy a great big box in the laundry isle) Both of my girls have eczema so all my soaps and detergeants are hypoallergenic and fragrance free. I noticed that my daughters favorite blanket was holding its smell so I added baking soda to the wash and that did the trick. I also have heard that white vinegar works as well, but haven't tried that.

put vinegar into the wash with those clothes and that will take the smell out. I do it all of the time

Have you tried tea tree oil in your prewash or white vinegar? I cloth diaper and a lot of times the problem with smelly diapers is too much detergent which can lead to bacteria which hold onto odors. Tea tree oil or white vinegar soaks should help. You can also try hanging anything that has the ammonia odor outside and let it sun for 2 - 3 days. All of these "tricks" work for cloth diapers, so I figure they should work for PJ's. :) Hope this helps!

try adding vinegar or baking soda to the wash

I'd soak it in one of those enzyme cleaners you get at the pet store like Nature's Miracle. Soak it & let it air dry. If it still smells, trash it.

Get borax and just follow the directions. That is exactly what it is made for and you don't have to wash more than once for it to work. The key is to do it as soon as you know and not let the urine set.

I agree with the baking soda and vinegar. Just be sure not to use them together, just one or the other.

Have you tried Borax Natural Laundry Booster? It works great on mildew smell/stain and the urine smell. I used it when my son was potty training. I have also used it when I have forgotten a load of laundry in the washing machine and it sours. It even takes that smell out. You can get it at Walmart and it is pretty cheap. Good Luck!

Dont waste any more effort. throw them out. but if u must keep them try washing in baking soda or vingaer

Wash with vinegar, and sunshine to dry. :)

1 / 3