How Do I Get the Fuzz from My New Carpet to Go Away?

Hi everyone! I have asked stranger questions and gotten some great replies so I thought I would try this one. Our new family room carpet is supposedly (never know with salespeople) a top of the carpet. It leaves fuzz on everything that touches it and is tracked all over my house. It has been vacuumed with my Dyson at least thirty times and the fuzz is still there. You can actually see it on top of the carpet. Any ideas on how to get it to go away? Did I end up with bad carpet? I hope not. Thanks for your help.

I love new carpet smell! Keep on vacuuming, it eventually goes away. Can be good exercise, too. Have fun!

It does go away with multiple vacuumings. I can't remember how long it took but awhile. The more you vacuum the faster it stops

I had new carpet put in at our old house and new carpet in our new house and had the same issues.
I too vacuumed with my dyson everyday. You just need to keep at it.

I personally would not get the carpet steam cleaned because you just got it.

I'd give it a few more weeks of vacuuming and if it doesn't change I would call the company.
But it does take time.

Good Luck.

I hate that part of getting new rugs. I do not like carpeting. Anyway, a friend of mine had light carpet installed and when she wore dark clothes, you thought she got a pet. She had a cleaning company come out and clean the carpet. I think she got Sears carpet cleaning. It worked so I guess the steam cleaning or whatever they did got deep down and loosened the last of the fibers. If you think you might have bad carpet, you can try to pull out a loop here and there. If it is easy to pull out of the backing, then I would make a call to the company or store that sold it.

I was talking with a friend of mine last night and she said she got new carpet last month. Her husband used the shopvac a couple of times and it got rid of the fuzz. Shopvacs have stronger suction so maybe it'll work faster.

1 / 3