How Do I Get Rid of Stinky Feet, Nine Year Old Boy?

My sons feet stink, real bad!!! I heard soak the feet in tea? My sons is nine years old, very active (plays youth football), showers regularly. Please help!

You have a lot of good advice. I like to use the tea tree oil and Lavender oil as well. Most important is to clean socks and let the shoes completely dry out between uses. Having a few pairs of shoes helps with this. My foster mother always told me to take off my shoes when I got home from school and put on another pair with clean socks. I also put a sachet of baking soda that I put a few drops of tea tree oil (mix well) and let sit in the shoes overnight.

Well, let me help you during monsoon season it rains a lot and kids shoes are always wet and they stink, I am not sure if this is your issue, but I sprayed Lysol in to my sons shoes inside and out in the evening and by morning there was no smell, he is still wearing the same shoes and it has been about a month. No stink. We all appreciate it. Try IT!!

I have three boys...can you say STINKY!!!
It used to knock the wind out of me to walk in their rooms.

After we bought new carpet we made it a rule that you have to wash your feet when you take off cleats and sneakers before wiping those stinky feet on the carpet. They just run them under the bathtub or stand like flamingos at the bathroom sink.

We use Lysol in all our shoes (each boy keeps a bottle in his shoe bin) and they swipe the bottom of their feet with their underarm deoderant before putting on their socks.

Incidently they are all big sweaters...especially thier heads. We found that using clear antipersperiant on their foreheads helped that as well.

How embarrasing for your poor son. There are the socks at walmarts for 5 bux a pk. I just bought some for my husband, they are supoosed to help control the moisture and stinky feet. Also there are the Gortex shoes..those can be very helpful. Plus there is the wearing 2 different pairs of shoes through out the day and changing your socks. Make sure his feet are good and dry by towel and air before he puts his sox on. Sprinkle some gold bond medicated powder in his socks and shoes too, or just rub the talcum powder into his feet. There are out fighting insoles. Go bare foot at home as often as possible. Aloe Gel is supposed to work with in 24 hours.Give shoes at least 24 hours to air out between wearings. Use mild soap when washing.
Two other natural prevention cure options are soaking your feet in one part vinegar and two parts water, or strong black tea for 30 minutes a day for a week. The tannic acid in the tea kills bacteria and closes the pores:

1. Use two tea bags per pint of water
2. Boil for 15 minutes
3. Add two quarts of cool water
4. Soak your feet in the cooled solution
You can talk yo your doctor if all else fails...and I have also heard of botox injections for stinky feet. I think they are like 5 to 15 bux per injection, but I don't know how much many injections per treatment or how often you go back, or how long it works...just a last resort if it were too embarrassing for the kiddo.
Good old hormone changes..lol
could it be athletes foot too?
I guess I have given you enough to keep you busy for a year.

wash/scrub feet with baking soda.....soak his gym shoes in a bucket of baking soda + water too!
B. Gettel OTR/L CHT CCH
Eclectic Body Work
Tucson

We had the same problem with out son a year ago. He is 9 now.
WE went to walmart and it took a bit of ready lables and searching. only thing we found was an orange box, "Johnson's Foot soap" We soaked his feet once for the recommended time and so far havn't had that stench again.
it's a four pack so if the first time doesnt' work try another day.
Hope that works.

My twin brother-in-laws had bad stinky feet and they told y husband that they sprinkled boric acid powder in their boots and dumped out the excess and that after a few days, no more stinky feet. I've used this for years on my husband and our kids and it works and is not expensive. Works better than Gold Bond powder and the other odor eater powders. Give it a try. Good luck.....Toots

Well, this is going to sound weird, but...Listerine. I heard about this on the radio just yesterday, so I haven't actually tried it myself, but aparently Listerine is one of those products that has 50 million uses nobody ever knew about. (You know- like Windex cures everything from poimples to mosquito bites.;)) Anyway, one woman was complaining of her daughter's horribly stinky feet and she was using Listerine to clean her feet and also her shoes (with paper towel soaked with Listerine, I think). She swears it did the trick. Like I said I can't speak from personal experience, but I thought the idea was intriguing. Good luck!

1 / 3