How Do I Get RED LIPSTICK Out of the Carpet

My 8 year old took some RED lipstick into her room and it is all over the carpet. I am wanting to figure out some way to get the stains out of the carpet!!!!!

Try ice cubes-won't hurt the carpet-let them melt in and then try white vinegar with white (side) paper towels-pat don't rub.

Sol-U-Mel is the best stain remover and even works on permanent marker!

i have to agree with sol-u-mel too. it took black paint out of my red rug, red taco sauce out of my cream rug, chocolate milk out of the cream rug. it is amazing!

Call a carpet cleaning company. This happened to me (along with nail polish as well, on white carpet... uggggh). I tried everything I could think of, with no luck. Lipstick is so greasy! I called a carpet cleaning company and it came right out for them. The carpet looked brand new.

I use Sol U Mel by Melaleuca. I call it my miracle cleaner and have used it on carpet stains as well as clothes. I even used it to get paint off a good black dress and it did not harm the material or change the color. Now just to get back in that dress!!!

Oxyclean??? I put some in a bucket, then DRENCH the spots, wait a few minutes, then get a mop and scrub and much as I can... then, I use my steam cleaner. Generally every stain comes up (except an extremely STUBBORN red koolaid stain lol). Good luck!

I don't know if this will work on red lipstick but I use Zout (found at Walmart, Target or regular grocery store). It is actually a laundry stain remover. I found this out one day by accident when I was out of carpet stain remover and needed to clean a spill. It worked great and actually better than the regular carpet cleaners I used to buy.

1 / 3