How Do I Get Paint off of Hardwood Floor and Glass Windows?!

We have paint on our hardwood floors and also on our glass windows. What can I use on each to remove the paint?

I have hardwood floors, and this happens to me everyone time I paint! If it's water-based, I use a wet rag, and wipe a small area down at a time. Then I use a flat-head screwdriver, and very carefully scrape the paint flecks off. Then I use the wet rag to wipe the paint flecks up. If you are worried about scratching your floors, you could use a wet paper towel between the screwdriver and the floor. It's thin enough to still scrape the paint up, but then it won't scratch your floor. It takes a little while, but this is the best method I have found to get the paint off. As for the windows, I always use a razor blade and a wet rag to wipe the paint off. Good luck!

Try some wd40 for the windows, but as for the floors try a water/vinegar solution and see it that helps.

for the floors, try two products: Goof-Off OR Goo-Gone. good luck!

Hi K.!

Ahhhhhhh, we just got done painting and that was one of MY problems.... I am a sloppy painter (trying to avoid having to do it in the future and hubby hates a mess! lol)

For the glass we used a razor to get the paint off of that and mirrors. You just put the razor kindda on an angle and scrape at it! WATCH YOUR FINGERS!!!!!

As for the floors.... we do not have real wood floors but have the laminate wood floors. We used an old credit card on that- held the same way as a razor and just kindda scrape/chipped at it!

Hope this helps you and hopefully you get out of painting also in the future! lol
Many blessings!

Paint on hardwood: Hot water (tolerable to the touch) and vinegar,work in small areas, scrape gently. Glass w/ water base paint: razor. Oil-base paint will come off windows too. It's just much harder to take off and the last time I did it - I told myself that I would definitely take a little extra care in preparing and taping the area. Good luck!

If it's water based paint hot water and soap will work fine. On the wood floors use hot water and murphey's oil soap (it just takes a little scrubbing) and for the windows, I second the razor idea if you can be carful. If it's oil based paint I have no idea. good luck!

1 / 3