How Do I Get My Whites White Again?

Does anyone have a good formula/product/whatever for getting and keeping whites white? I have been noticing that all of my white laundry looks so dingy. I've been using laundry boosters like Biz and such, but it doesn't seem to be working. I also recently tried a lttle bleach, but the already dingy whites don't look much better. Am I doing something wrong? I need a quick and easy solution that will not bee too rough on the skin. Thanks in advance for your help.

Thank you to everyone for your great suggestions. I plan on giving most of the ideas a try. So far I soaked some things in clorox prior to washing them. Those items seemed a bit whiter. One of my especially dingy shirts (that I happen to love)seemed whiter, but by no means as good as new. I am also in the process of soaking some other items in the Oxyclean. If this works it may be a better alternative to the bleach over the long run because it is not supposed to be as damaging to the textiles. Since it is nice out, I may dry them all in the sun as well. I am interested in trying the dish detergent---maybe on my next round of whites!

Line dry in the sun!

Safely

We use Mrs. Stewart's Liquid Bluing. Non Toxic, Bio-Degradable and has been around since 1883. Little small plastic blue bottle. Low eco impact.

:)

My sister lives in Friedens Pa and I was told that the water there contains a lot of rust and that they take all they're whites to a laundry room. She has tried several methods with all sorts of product and nothing seems to work. She always uses a scoop of oxy clean in all her laundry but nothing can make her whites "white." Hope this helps. Good Luck

Use one cup of automatic dishwasher detergent like electrosol or cascade to your whites when you start your wash. Let them soak in it for a while then proceed to wash through all of the wash cycles. My sons played football when they were little. Their white uniform pants were made of a material that you could not bleach. Their coach told me to use this method to get out the grass stains and all the rest of the dirt by using this trick and it really works.

Line dry in the sun!

Safely

:)

According to Martha Stewart, once the "factory installed" optical brighteners wash out of a garment, there is really nothing you can do to restore them to their factory finish. :-) I use bleach for sheets and towels, but I second the oxy clean idea-- you can let them soak in oxy clean for a long time without harming them. Also, I use blueing (like the old ladies used to use in their hair) to brighten things up-- I use Mrs. Stewarts, but I think they are all pretty much the same. Just follow the directions about diluting! You can get it at Giant Eagle.

Have you tried using bluing? There's a product called Mrs. Stewart's Bluing which you add to your rinse cycle and it creates a whiter shadea white. Check out their website at www.mrsstewart.com and they explain how white fabric isn't white, it's gray or yellowish, and manyfacturers "blue" it to provide that vibrant white we see, but you need to put the blue hue back into it.

It's also good for making salt crystal gardens!

I absolutely hate using bleach. I find it hard on the skin, and the smell... ugh!

I have been using a natural alternative to all my household cleaning and personal care needs. I get them from this company I work from home with. We have a great stain product that can help you get your whites white again, and a color safe product to put in your laundry to keep the whites white and colors colored. These are absolutely the best products I have found. I would say that even if I wasnt working with them and just strictly a customer! They are not harsh on your skin, they are naturally made, non-toxic, and eco friendly. Super safe, so even if my kids should happen to get into the cleaning products (or any others) and accidentally ingest them, they would be fine and I wouldnt have to rush them to the ER. My son has actualy gotten into and eaten some of the acne products I had from this company and he never even got an upset tummy from it! Id love to tell you more about these products, as well as our other 400+ products in our lines if you'd like. Just let me know!

D. L.
www.wellnessworksforus.go.cc

Try out Shaklee's laundry detergent and laundry boosters, they work wonderful and are safe for the family and the environment. I have four kids and my toddler messes his clothes terribly and they work great for me. I have family telling me they can't believe I let him wear white shirts when we have picnics but I never have much of a problem keeping them white. Go to http://www.shaklee.net/dudinyak/product/00066 to look at the laundry detergent and to http://www.shaklee.net/dudinyak/product/00305 to look at the nature bright. All of the cleaning and laundry products are very concentrated so you only use small amounts so in the long run they are priced comparable to other brands, even less.

Put your whites outside on a really sunny day....even takes out the stains!

1 / 3