How Do I Get Food Stains Out??

Now that my daughter is eating baby food, there are a lot of stains in her clothes when she spits up. I have tried a few things, but nothing seems to quite get the stains out. If they are really set in, I'll use Baby Oxy Clean and Spray and Wash before washing in the machine. Sometimes it still doesn't work. Any suggestions??

K. -

1/2 peroxide to 1/2 woolite solution . . . works like a charm on EVERYTHING!!! Just soak for a short while and then rinse/rub a little.

For fruit stains especially berries I've found that orange oil work very well.

All I have to say is Carbona Stain Wizard!!!! My daughter was on Nutramigen, which leaves a nasty yellow stain. The carbona gets it out. Explosive diapers-Carbona gets it out! Spaghetti sauce-Carbona gets it out! The only place I have been able to find the Stain Wizard is at Hancock Fabrics. I buy 4 bottles at a time! And you don't have to wash the clothes immediately or soak them overnight, all you need is 10 minutes to get it soaked in the fabric and then you wash it.

Stanley Products has something called "Try-It Concentrate", which will take out almost everything, even some things that have been set in by drying. It smells awful, like ammonia, and it requires a little scrubbing for some things, but it's been a huge clothing saver in my home for years. It's sold by distributors, so just look up "stanley products" on line, and find a distributor in your area.

K. -

They key is to make sure they are out before you toss the clothes in the dryer. If you dry them, it will "set" the stains, and then it is REALLY hard to get them out. I have had tremendous success with the following method:

Spray the stain with Zout stain remover. Not "Shout", but a product called "Zout". Then I immediately (if possible) soak the clothing in a bucket with i scoop OxyClean and about a half gallon of hot water. I have had to soak for a couple of days on some things. I have gotten dried blood out of white clothing (even after the article had been laundered and dried) with this method. Bes sure to soak colors separate from whites, as the colors may leach out a little (you won't notice it in the clothes, though...they won't look faded). Best wishes!

If there is any chance you can hang or set the clothes outside, the sun seems to work better than anything else I've ever tried...depending on the fabric, the color may or may not fade if out there too long, though.

I use this new spray, I think it is called Woolite Oxi or something similiar. It is in the laundry aisle and I spray all stains before washing (even previously washed clothes with stains) and it gets absolutely everything out.

Stace

Oxy baby, they sell the spray at babie-r-us. Spray on stains and wash 24 hours later. Works great.

1 / 3