How Do I Get Bright Pink Nail Polish Out of My Comforter?

Hi Ladies! My 2 1/2 year old son got into my nail polish and get one drop on our comforter. The nail polish is BRIGHT PINK and my comforter is blue. Does anybody have a tried and true method of stain removal that will work? I don't want to try anything until I have something that might take it all the way out...not leave a pink tinge.
Any help would be great!
Thanks,

I would suggest asking a dry cleaning place.

I hope you haven't tried anything yet, because whatever you try will only set the stain and prevent something that can really work.

My mom got red nail polish out of her white pants with Solumel. It takes out permanent marker, crayon, you name it! This product is from Melaleuca and it has over 100 uses. It is awesome! I even use it as ingredient in bug spray and my wonderful baby wipes.

Again, don't use anything if you haven't already, just wait if possible. I'd be happy to help you get this product into your hands. I rep the company that manufactures it (along with 300 + other products), I don't sell it, but I help others buy it at wholesale.

Please call or email and I can tell you about it.
www.saferforyourhome.com
###-###-#### cell

I don't think anything will take it out completely.

I know hairspray takes ink out

I know when my son spilled nail polish on my carpet, I used Goo Gone. It is a strong stain remover that you can find by the spot removers at the store. It comes in a small bottle. Test an area first to make sure it will not take out the color of your comforter. You can also test an area with nail polish remover. Hope you have good luck!

If you can't get the color out and you don't want to buy a complete new comforter, a duvet may work well providing you can find one with a color / design you like. Ebay is a great place to find these for a reasonable price.

My daughter got red nail polish on my beige carpet and I used hairspray to get it out, as suggested from some website on the internet. I just grabbed an aeresol can I had in the cupboard and it came right out (to my complete surprise!) Not sure if you need to use any particular kind, but I used the Bed Head brand called Hard Head simply because that was what was in my cabinet. Good luck!

Try Hydrogen peroxide(3%) on the spot. Not sure if it will work on polish, but is worth the try. I have used it on chocolate and feces stains and it worked great(when nothing else worked) Good luck!! S.

My daughter took my entire bottle and opened it and "wooshed" it across my white carpet while holding onto the bottle. Nice! Anywah, I used Pinesol and it came out with no "ting". Good luck!

1 / 3