How Did Your Man Pop the Question?

Apparently, I've got weddings on the brain, and I've NEVER been that girl. I think it's because my cousin is getting married in August, and my little brother is getting married in October, who knows. I don't have a ring on my finger, but I've recently become obsessed with 'Say Yes to the Dress'... and our kids have been asking a lot of 'when are you and daddy getting married?'... my BFs mom and stepmom have been introducing me as their daughter in law for 3 years. My BF has asked me if his best friend and our kids godfather can be the one to marry us. He's asked my mother what size ring I wear. His fathers best man from his wedding has been asking where we're registered, and his father has told me we could have the wedding at their boat club, LOL. We've had our share of problems, but we're also closer than ever (maybe because the babys sleeping through the night, HAHAHA!)... ANYWAY, just because I've got weddings on my mind, please share your story how your guy asked for your hand in marriage! Thanks ladies! :)

On my 21st b-day, I wanted some "alone" time with my bf. I asked my sister to take my daughter (then 3) for a while. We had some "fun" together and then while on the porch right after, he said, "wait here a minute". He went in, got the box and proposed on my front porch. We were married on Oct. 15th, 2004. Still going strong!

we went out to a lovely dinner.
then in the car in the parking deck he got the ring out the glove box and asked me there.
seriously, the man had no sense of timing at all.
it has improved over the last 23 years.
:) khairete

My husband is an avid hunter. He and his friends would video tape each other's hunts. It was the end of deer season and I met up with him at some friends house and they wanted to show us their video of the afternoon hunt. It started with him talking about weather and hunting conditions, and then he said he had a question for someone first. He pulled a ring out from behind his back and proposed on the video tape. My mouth dropped open and when I looked at him he was next to me on one knee with the ring box in hand. Everyone else is the room knew what was going to happen on the tape, so one of the guys kept the video camera in his hand and actually taped me watching the first video. So we have the entire proposal on video tape that we can someday show our children.

My Husband porposed to me in front of the new Dallas Cowboys stadium before a game. We are very big fans!!

We were there with two other friends. My friend and I had walked across the street to Wal-mart to get some supplies for the game and tailgating. On our way back I had started to get weak and aggravated because I hadn't eaten anything all morning and my friend was taking forever. So when we met back up, I was doing nothing but complaining. So we go into the party pass deck and I grab the first beer I see. It happens to be a Miller Lite, the only KIND they sell. I hate Miller Lite, but needed alcohol! LOL! So more complaining. As my husband is admiring the stadium and such he stops by a table and says let's take a picture in front of the big sign. So I said ok, I had calmed down by then! LOL! Well after 50,000 pictures...he says...ONE MORE! LOL Here we go...more complaining. So, as I turn sarcastically to take the last picture he gets down on one knee with the ring and asks me to be his wife!! My friend's husband found out when we had gone to Wal-mart, but she didn't know! She was the one taking the picture. She almost missed the moment because she was in just as much shock as I was. But we do have the picture of his proposal with my miller Lite in Hand!! LOL I was so surprised I didn't even put it down!! Everyone clapped and we hugged and ofcourse I said yes!!
Then he says, Now stop all that complaining and let's go enjoy our engagement party!! We joke and say we had the best engagment party with the most people ever! And the cowboys won!!!

I love that story!!!

My husband called my father and asked his blessing (on Father's Day five years ago!). We were in the process of building a house, so my husband planned to pop the question on the day of the closing in our new home. Very sweet.

He bought the ring in July and my parents brought it to him in August. We were supposed to be in the house before Labor Day. Needless to say, the builder kept changing the date and the ring sat in his aunt's safe until December!

We closed on our house around lunch time and went immediately to the house where a bottle of champagne was waiting in the fridge (he had asked the agent to leave it there). I was so excited going through all the rooms that I didn't realize he wasn't following me around and went to find him. He was standing in our kitchen with the champagne and the ring-got on one knee and asked me to be his wife!

My husband and I never really had a vacation with just the two of us. We always had our kids with us. We decided to take a vacation with just the two of us. It was July 2008 and Sam proposed on July 27th while we were on a cruise. It was our first night on the cruise and he proposed around 10:20 PM on the balcony. It was just the two of us with the ocean all around us and the stars sparkling above. He was telling me how happy he is, how much he loves me and that he wants to spend the rest of his life with me and then dropped down on one knee. At this point in time he pulls a ring box out of nowhere and once he opened it a light came on in the box and lit up the ring. He asked me to marry him and I said yes. He had tears in his eyes but stands by the story of salt water getting in his eyes, which I then have to point out that we were on the 10th floor :)

I hope that you get to share your story one day soon with the rest of us.

DH and I took our first trip to Europe, and he proposed at a little fountain after dinner ouside of the Pantheon in Italy. We actually got applause from other diners that were outside on the piazza that night.
It was beautiful!

My H proposed about 8 or 9 times before I said yes. Some were very well planned out, some were off the cuff. Regardless... he comes from an old Italian family... where that's the norm... the "wear them down with proposals proposal". Sigh. Actually his grandmother believes that anyone who agrees to wed after less than 3 proposals to be, um, easy would probably translate the nicest if not the best. I had no idea about any of this at the time... but it earned me big points with his family, apparently. Double Sigh.

My husband proposed to me very differently than any of the others. December 26th 2008 - He gave me my Christmas stocking. He had stuffed it with wedding planning books, a lovely book of poetry, and other little goodies. In the toe of the stocking was a little box - it was the size of an earring box... I opened it and there it was! The diamond I'd always dreamed of receiving... I looked up and he was there on one knee. He proposed. I said yes! - of course... :-)
We've been married 20 years and have 2 terrific kids who are now teenagers getting ready to go off to college. I'd do it all again!!
I hope your man pops the question soon!
LBC

1 / 3