How Did You Feel the Day Before You Went into Labor?

How did you feel the day before you went into labor? For example were you more tired or more active? Was baby more or less active? Did you notice feeling any different? Just wondering if people have similar experiences.

I was cooking up a storm. I think I made 6 casseroles in a day,8 pies and baked 3 loaves of bread. I was a cooking fool!

No difference at all. Had a doc appointment at 2pm and I was 1.5cm dialated/100% effaced. Got into bed - squirt of amniotic fluid around 10pm.

With my first I was restless and couldn't get comfortable. With my second I was sick (physically). I wasn't allowed to go into labor with the rest due to c-section issues.

Physically I didn't feel a difference.

Mentally I was feeling, "Get this kid out of me!"

Nothing out of the ordinary for me with either pregnancy. Both pregnancies I had a slight bloody discharge, and some light cramping. With my second I thought I was in labor a few times, I felt like a fool, almost went to the hospital too. So beginning stages of labor for me were confusing, and not really that different from how I felt altogether at the end CRAPPY!! and couldn't wait to give birth lol!! The bloody show was my tell tale sign!! Good luck!!

Saw the doctor the day before and was at 0 cm and I said I'll be back tomorrow since it's MY DUE DATE and you're on call.

Sure enough I went into labor at 3:00 am, went in around 4 pm at 5 cm and had him before 11 pm. I like to keep my life in line. LOL. I think because I REALLY wanted MY DOCTOR to deliver out son my body decided to cooperate (for once.) :)

With my 1st and 3rd I was induced, so I was a crazy lady packing my things and getting ready and trying to rest!!

With my second, it was pretty late at night, and I couldn't sleep. I was 3 days overdue. I tossed and turning and bitched and moaned because I was so big and uncomfortable and flat out could NOT sleep. I called my doctor to whine about it... he said 'R., you're in labor, get your butt in here'... I was like 'No, I really just need to get some sleep'... he was like 'GET IN HERE RIGHT NOW!!'... I got to the hospital at 3am and my daughter was born just before 6am. Close call ;)

So I'd say, with the one spontaneous labor, I was RESTLESS more than anything! The rest of the previous day had been totally normal!

With my last pregnancy... ummm, well, the day before I went into labor I felt the same as I had for a couple months. I felt huge, miserable, sore, swollen, anxious, excited, and sooo ready to have my body back.

I had been on bedrest with twins for 9 weeks and had gained 75 pounds.

I felt fine. I worked all day, took meetings in my office, I was craving a particular item and restaurant so my fellow buyer and I met a client downtown and then went to eat. I was excited because I was off from work early for the first time ever during my pregnancy.

Picked up stuff to prepare for dinner, put on comfy clothes, got in bed to read the paper.. and I promise.. 3 minutes later, my water broke!

I was in denial because I was 3 weeks early.. No contractions or anything.. But my doctor told me to go on o the hospital, because the baby was on the way. Had her the next afternoon. A real whirlwind for us.

1 / 3