How Can I Clean a Graco Pack N Play Mattress?

My SIL was so nice to watch my baby for me but my pack n play came home with stains on the the underside of the mattress. She thinks my toddler may have spilled mild on it but not sure. How can I clean it throughly without damaging it? It feels like the firm part in the mattress is maybe cardboard based? I doubt I can submerge it but maybe soak it really well with soap or something and rinse it and let it dry outside? Anyone done this or have suggestions?

You might want to use a mattress topper. We found it at www.comfikids.com It is tight fitting so it is safe. It folds in 3 and it has a washable cover.

We had two of those. I really like those and they do get dirty. I do not like to clean with caustic chemicals. Vineager and baking soda mixed together in a bucket of water cleaned the mattress and the underside very well. Place 2 1/2 quarts of water to one and a half cup vineager and use 3/4 of a cup of baking soda.

I have had a hard time cleaning my pack n play in the past but I just bought a cover play cover. They are here http://www.coverplayard.com/
They are great and you can wash them! They are a little pricey but if you use your pack n play a lot it is totally worth it! :)

I think i had the same kind.. I used dish soap and water and cleaned it well. Then spent quite a bit of time with dry rags 'soaking' up the excess. or the shop vac.
(this was before I heard about all the wonderful ideas they sometimes suggest on mamasource..)

*** also what i did was prop the whole mattress up on some lawn chairs or something and let the fabric hang down from the pegboard insert so there was some kind of air floating around in there to get the board dry too. you would like to do this when you don't think you'll need it for a couple days.

luckily - since the mattress cover does not come off - no one will ever see the water stain which may be on the board. but you want to make sure it gets dry in there.

good luck :)

Well, I know there's a bunch of different models, but our pack 'n' play mattress is entirely waterproof. Now while I would not submerge it, I have had good luck cleaning it with just dishsoap and water. On set in stains I will soak a washcloth in soapy water and put it on the stain sopping wet. Let it sit for a while and wipe off.
I have also successfully used a mild bleach solution on it when I had to (diaper blowout...).

1 / 3