How Are the Schools in Frisco ISD?

My daughter will be starting 3rd grade in the Fall and we plan to move in the summer (finally buying a house). We're currently in Coppell ISD and love the community feel of the town and the schools are terrific, but we don't want to eliminate anything without exploring our options. I'm not very familiar with Frisco or North Carrollton area. Where are the best areas to look into? Any schools that stand out -- elementary all the way to high school.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Frisco ISD. I moved to Plano 2 years ago after researching Plano ISD. Then found my apartment in Plano, but in Frisco ISD. I was upset at first, but have come to be very grateful. We have even now moved into Frisco. I love the city, I love the schools. I think you are going to be very happy year. Good luck. i hope you love it as much as I have come to love it.

We have been pleased with FISD as well. We moved here when my daughter was in 5th grade from Houston. We had to attend a private school there since we lived within the city limits. My daughter is now a 9th grader. The teachers and staff have been awesome! I don't think you need to worry about finding a great school in Frisco when you look in the area. All of them are excellent. Focus on finding a neighborhood that fits your family. We live in Hunters Creek on the east side and love it.

So far so good. My grandson, who is 11, has been attending Ida Lee Wright Elemntary since 1st grade. They have an excellent staff and ciriculum. My children bought a house there some 8 years ago and just love their neighbors and their neighborhood.
Hope this helps

We also live in Frisco in The Trails neighborhood. My son just started Kindergarten this year and we have been very pleased with the school. The school was brand new last year and already has the highest rating possible from the state. I believe these ratings are based on how well the children do on their state mandated tests. Like someone else mentioned the schools are right in your neighborhood so only your children and your neighbors children attend the school. There is a real sense of community at the school, I have never seen so many parent volunteers. The teachers can really focus on the teaching because they have several volunteers through out the day doing their other less important tasks. The communities in Frisco are also great, they are all very family oriented. There are a lot of young families in Frisco, it's a great place to live.

I have lived in Frisco for five years. My children attended Curtsinger Elementary and we just loved it. Plantation is the area that serves that school. It feeds in to Wester MS and then Frisco HS. Hunter's Creek is a newer area and I have friends that live over there too. Isabell is the elementary which feeds in Roach MS (they love it) and the new High school is Liberty. Frisco has everything you could need except close proximity to Dalls. Good luck.

There are multiple schools in Frisco that are Blue Ribbon Schools, meaning they are one of the top schools in the country. I know on the east side of Frisco Curtsinger and Smith are Blue Ribbon Schools, and I believe there is another BRS on the West side of Frisco. I’ve been very imprested with the schools.

Hi, we have lived in Frisco for 10 years and have 3 boys in public school here, currently 6th, 9th and 12 grade, in Staley Middle school, Frisco High and Wakeland High. WE LOVE THE SCHOOLS here, that is why we chose Friso to buy our home in. We live in Preston Highlands North (at Preston and ElDorado) which would be Rogers Elem, Staley MS and Wakeland HS. I just cannot say enough wonderful things about these schools. I had kids at Rogers Elem for 8 years, it was like a family, My mom still works there (lunch lady) so I get to keep in contact with them. Its a great place....
good luck and email me if you have any other questions,
good luck :)

I think you'll find a very similar feeling in Frisco. I tell all my friends all over the country they need to move here because it it soooooooo kid and family oriented. We live in Lone Star Ranch and the grammar school near us is Bledsoe. All the kids in the neighborhood go there together, most walk together, a lot of carpooling, etc. I have heard nothing but good things about Frisco ISD. The girl across the street from me teaches Kindergarten at Bledsoe and raves about it (and she's a doll!). From what my neighbor (the teacher) has told me Frisco has done a great job of planning so the schools won't get too big, and they are constantly adding more schools at every level. We moved here about three and a half years ago and I think Frisco High may have been the only high school. Now there are three or four. It's crazy! In my opinion, though, Frisco has done a really great job of maintaining a more small town, community oriented feeling. I've never met anyone who didn't love living here! Good luck. Picking a place to move, especially with school-age kids, is a daunting task. :)

1 / 3