Housekeeping - Is This a Reasonable Price?

We are looking for a housekeeper and had our first quote today -- $80 per cleaning every two weeks. And $225 for the first initial cleaning. Basically cleaning our house from floor to ceiling in every room. Does this sound like a reasonable price?

We live in Fort Worth in a 1600 square foot home. We've got three regular size bedroooms, two very small bathrooms, living room, dining room, kitchen, and laundry room.

I've never had anyone clean my home before so I'm excited that we're going to start doing this. However, $80 every other week seemed much higher than I was expecting.

Thanks for your input!

Hi, I live in Keller in a 3200 sq ft home. I pay $70 every 2 weeks!! I have been using the same ladies for 4 yrs. It's not thru a company. Hope this helps!

Good morning Virginia, I moved to Ft Worth 2 1/2 years ago and found it very difficult to find a good house cleaner at a responsible price. I found one from mamma source her name is Kelly Baldwin. She does an outstanding job and dependable. Her prices are unbeilvalbe and she used her own products unless you want her to use yours. Her phone number is ###-###-####. She is on vacation until July 28th. I think you will be very pleased with her.
Tami

are they quoting you by the hour? did they say how long the regular cleanings would take? most companies charge any where between $25-$40 per hour. I have a friend who owns her own cleaning company..it is called Organically Clean..and she lives in south fort worth and she charges $20 an hour and it should only take a couple of hours every two weeks...i can give you her number if you are interested in having her give you a quote.

My name is B. Anderson and I have a residential & commercial cleaning business that is customized to fit your families needs. I really believe this is much too high....man I can't believe I said that as a business owner.....
Where in Ft Worth are you located? I would love to give you a quote as well! Please visit our website for detailed information/____@____.com are insured and bonded. I would love the opportunity to exceed your cleaning expectations! We now offer eco-friendly products to create a safer environment for your family.

The $80 every 2 weeks is resonable - I would question the $225. I paid $125 for my intial cleaning and pay $75 every 2 weeks. Your house either has lots of knick knack type stuff or just needs a good cleaning. Is this with a company or a singal person?

I think $80 is pretty reasonable so long as they are doing a really good job. I sure wouldn't be $225 for for the intitial cleaning though unless the house is just really bad or something!? Maybe double what you would be paying ($160) at the most. A friend of mine with a 2200sq ft house pays $75 bi-weekly and they do everything from baseboards, blind, wash and put clean sheets on every bed. They even pulled out the washer and dryer and swept and mopped behind them..and this is all every time they come!!

i pay $150 for a 1600 sq ft house monthly and so i think you have a very reasonable rate.

I think the bi-weekly quote of $80 seems a little high, but the initial visit quote of $225 seems very high to me. I paid $144 and that's for a MUCH bigger house. I'd get some more quotes if I were you.

1 / 3