Household Cleaning Routine

Can anyone provide help with a suggested housecleaning routine for a mother who works full-time? Also, any suggestions for getting rid of clutter--fitting in time for exercise. Also, quick healthy meals that a toddler would also love?

Hi... try www.flylady.net They have some really good routines and you just take babysteps. I would suggest subscribing to the yahoo group, but would go on digest. You will get many emails a day. This website has saved SO many people. Hope you like it!

Hugs
Kimberly

Hello, a wonderful place to look and get ideas is www.flylady.com They have a place for working moms, moms with toddlers, newborns etc... good luck.

K., go to Flylady.net, she has great tips for cleaning your house-including those moms who work full time. One thing she says is, your house didn't get this way overnight, so don't expect it to get organized and clean overnight either. One suggestion I really like is don't start something you can't finish within 15 minutes-speaking of clearing clutter. Instead of clearing out your entire closet, just do the top shelf, or instead of cleaning out the whole dresser or desk, just do one drawer each day. As for exercise, I honestly to leg lifts and stretches while I am blow drying my hair-I call it multi-tasking...the rest I try to fit in throughout the day-it's not much, but I try. Quick healthy meals a toddler would love...I need some of those myself!
God Bless!!

Housecleaning routine - try to do one load of laundry every night - start it while dinner cooks, in the dryer after dishes, fold and put away as you put kids to bed.

Love my crockpot spend some time online looking for recipes, print them and then write on them so you can improve them. After you clean the kitchen at night last thing line up the ingriedents to the next days meal - in the morning just dump it all in cooker and go - I leave mine cooking on the stove top (its flat) and well away from anything so I don't worry. As soon as you get home start a pot of water boiling, you'll need noodles, rice or something-usually. Also make the family eat leftovers those are quick reheat meals. Get the toddler to try new things several times, just to be sure. The rule at my house is that you must try one bite - that way they don't feel too pressured. Then always have one item the young one likes. Also make a tray of veggies (can be done ahead on weekends in baggies for ease)a hungry kid who just got home will willing try lots of veggies and fruit - offer with hummus or dressing.

Do find time to exercise, time for you is important.

Good luck its hard to do so much, Moms work three shifts one at a job, one as a Mom, and one running a house.

Jen A
To de clutter I just start to make a home for each item that I repeatedly have to pick up. Make sure the home makes sense - easy to reach for commonly used items, located where item is used, etc. Then start the habit of putting it in its place.

Get the kids involved - set the table, carry their plate to the sink after dinner, sort laundry, fetch items from pantry while you cook, pick up own items, every family member needs to help the family succeed. Once upon a time on the farm kids worked REALLY hard, they can help us today too.

I think this is one we all face. I finally had to put my foot down and declare "my time". It didnt come without sacrifices though. I get up an hour earlier than I use to and walk 30 min EVERY morning. This has done wonders for my sanity. I assigned my kids chores, and if they do them the whole week, there is always a suprise waiting. For my daughter, it is things like a "get out of jail free" card that means the next time she gets in enough trouble to get grounded (only applicable for minor infractions) she can use it for one day less grounding... or, a trip to the movies or something like that. My son is a money kid, so he just wants the cash. I found a routine that works for me. I empty the sink and start the dishwasher in the mornings and get a load of laundry going before I go to work. It technically takes a couple days to get the load washed, dried, and put up, but there is one load in any stage of that every day.

Another thing, during my time, I get to spend as long as I want in the shower, getting ready in the morning. It has helped so much.

So, my only real suggestion is to look at where the time is spent, and evaluate how it could be done more efficient, and get you some "my time". Good luck.

(and as a side note, doing this has really helped with the weight loss too, now up to 37 pounds).

Did you join flylady. She is awesome. I've seen the show how clean is your house and I thought wow. I really believe in flylady because I've been using her advice, (i'm saying advice because She suggest ways to do things and She allowes you to user her suggestions to the way it fits your lifestyle. ) she is very flexible with her system. I've made a lot of changes all ready. I had trouble with dishes and laundry. I hated doing them, but I now do them Just about everyday. A load a day of laundry, wash, dry, fold and put away. Keeps the laundry down. The dishes. Not as many to do now. I may slack a little maybe 3 days, but with the routines, I can easily get back on try. Step in where you are. I hope you had joined flylayd, I see she is Highly recommened here. and I also recommend her. ;)

I echo the other ladies who have mentioned flylady.net. She has info on "crisis cleaning", decluttering, and how to get a good system in place. It won't happen overnight, but she helps to break it down into bitesize pieces and make it manageable. She also has info on exercise, eating better, etc. Love it! Hope you do, too! :o)

First of all is there a hubby in the picture if so I would draw up a list of household duties with how often they need to be done. Then sat down with him and decide who does what. Also as for clutter the one tip I have is want you get mail deal with it right away, do not just drop in on the nearest table. Toss what can be toss, have a place for unpayed bills put the new ones there, do the same with coupons if you use them etc.

if you can afford it, i highly recommend getting a cleaning lady to come in every other week or once a month to do your deep cleaning. when i worked outside of my home, i had one, and it really freed up my time after work and on the weekends to be with my daughter. one quick tip i use is i never leave a room without something in my hands, even if it's just some cheerios off the floor or a pair of shoes, this has become a habit for me and helps me keep my home tidy. all my best~~J.

Flylady.net

Love it!

1 / 3