Hourly Rate for Teen Babysitter???

How much is a fair hourly rate for a 15 year old to watch a single toddler (1 1/2 year old) in my home for a Saturday night? I've asked the girl to tell me how much she'd like to charge, and both she and her mom just say to pay whatever I feel is fair.

I pay my sitter $8.00 an hour and she is 17. I told her I would pay her a $1.00 more per hour if she became CPR/First Aid Certified.

I have a 2 1/2 year old little girl but she is SOOOOO easy. She does her own thing and will come to the sitter when she wants to play. All our sitter had to do was feed her the meal I had ready and change her diaper. If my daughter asked for a baba then to give her one.

The sitter told me that it was so easy caring for my little one and said she loved watching her. So I figured $8.00 was fair.

I say if your child is easy than I would pay her around $6.00 - $8.00 price. If your child is more on the hyper side and will take more work...than I would pay more. You know your kid...

I would say $5-7 an hr and extra if more than 1 child. I charge $10-$13 an hr but I am an adult/mother with over 20 yrs of childcare experience, cpr certified, certifed medical assistant, certified night nanny. Exp w/multiples, colic, croup, acid reflux, preemies through teenagers so that makes a big difference. I just can't see paying a teenager around the same than an adult makes.

I hope this helps.

I'd say the lowest rate of $10/hour and CASH We are in Plano/Allen area.

I pay a sitter to stay with my 13 yr old anywhere from $60-$80 for date night on weekends. I guarantee $40 and pay that if we have to cancel, sickness, etc. She blocked her night off for us so I will not leave her high and dry if we have to cancel. I have this high school senior come in when we know we will be out very late (pretty much weekly). She drives, she helps with homework and is a great role model for my daughter.

My 13 yr old does babysit for neighbors sometimes. She has never been paid less than $10 an hour. One family has 3 girls ages 3-6 and the other family has twin girls at 4 yrs old.

D.,

My 20 year old, college junior, daughter gets $10 - $12/hour for 1 - 2 children, up to $15 for 3 - 4. Now, she also drives, plays with the kiddos, cleans up after them and herself and generally leaves the place as she found it (or better). She often has the responsibility of feeding the children, bathing (or over-seeing bath time), following bedtime routines, etc.

Therefore, with a 15 year old, I'd look to $7 -$8 per hour. But, don't be surprised if that's too low! It's amazing what these kids (who are good and reliable) can make babysitting! (My daughter does it rather than getting a "regular" part-time job).

my 15 yr old neighbor charges $5/hr for 1 child, however we pay her a little more than that.

My 16 year old gets about $7 to $9 an hour for 1 to 2 kids. Rates are going up! At this rate, I might consider a career change!

Personally I can't fathom paying $12 -15 - for one child! I look at what they could make at a job - and pay just above that - so about $7 - $8 an hour - and I add more for additional kids!!

1 / 3